Dark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was playing star wars battlefront and I got bored so I decided to turn off my psp. When I switch it off the green light was still on. I had to take the battary of to turn the psp off. Is this bad??

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games have issues where when you hit the power, the light will blink for a few seconds before actually shutting the system down.

S

spectral

Probably just a random crash on shutdown, unless it starts happening again I wouldn't worry about it.

Dark

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok, cause I though the psp froze
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
That happens a lot to me. When that does happen, just keep holding down the pwoer button for 10 straight seconds. The PSP will shut off and make kind of a weird noise... like if you had speakers plugged in to your computer, and you then unplugged them while you were playing music. It's kinda hard to explain... anyway, it will be fine.

Sometimes the game will freeze and even if you try to turn off the PSP nothing will happen. The solution is the same as I said above... just hold down the power switch for 10 seconds.

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
My game crashed randomly today while testing out the cheats. I couldn't seem to turn it off and the screen was frozen and not responding. I waited 2 minutes, and eventually took the battery out, worried about if I had somehow screwed something up (I always hated doing hard restarts on my computer when it crashed bad) but it was fine when I turned it back on. I guess they crash just like computers, but I don't think it'll brick or anything unless you're doing it during a firmware update?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
esoterica said:
My game crashed randomly today while testing out the cheats. I couldn't seem to turn it off and the screen was frozen and not responding. I waited 2 minutes, and eventually took the battery out, worried about if I had somehow screwed something up (I always hated doing hard restarts on my computer when it crashed bad) but it was fine when I turned it back on. I guess they crash just like computers, but I don't think it'll brick or anything unless you're doing it during a firmware update?

QUOTE(War @ Nov 23 2008, 08:04 PM) No problem. Another piece of advice - using cheats will often cause this problem. (PSP freezing up and you have to "hard reset" it)

Please take the time to read the thread. When something like that happens, you have to hold up the power switch for about 10 seconds. The PSP will shut down, which is what I call "hard reset".

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
esoterica said:

If you do brick it somehow, you can always use the Pandora again
tongue.gif

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
War said:
esoterica said:

QUOTE(War @ Nov 23 2008, 08:04 PM) No problem. Another piece of advice - using cheats will often cause this problem. (PSP freezing up and you have to "hard reset" it)

Please take the time to read the thread. When something like that happens, you have to hold up the power switch for about 10 seconds. The PSP will shut down, which is what I call "hard reset".

Thanks, I did read the thread, this happened to me at work before I read this thread.Is hard resetting it the same as taking the battery out? Does homebrew cause crashing a lot too?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I believe its the same thing. However, I would rather turn it off using natural means
(holding down the pwoer switch) rather than taking out the battery. It's kind of like when your computer freezes and you have to turn it off; I'd rather hold down the power button than pull out the plug.

As for homebrew crashing, I don't think it happens a lot unless its really buggy homebrew. The only homebrew I ever use is PSP Revolution and gPSP Kai... and neither have ever crashed on me.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Generally with things like CWCheat it's due to flooding, and the inevitable lock, up of the volatile memory. A hard reset flushes it out so you're back to square one. In CWCheat it's better to disable the screen shot function if you don't plan on using it to free up some working space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM