Help with Xbox360 Super Slim (e model)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by coon-strudel, Jan 20, 2016.

1. coon-strudel
    OP

coon-strudel That one weird Furry Artist

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    Sooo, I've been looking all over for information pertaining to, if you can hack this model, but came up short. If so, is there anything at all I can do that doesn't involve j-tagging, or anything else where I'd have to open the system up?

This would be my first time doing stuff with an xbox360. I'm pretty much fresh from the 3DS hacking section of this site lol.
    Any pointers would be appreciated :)

2. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    The drive on the E model is a LiteOn Dg-16D5s. The firmware on this drive is encrypted and cannot really be used..
    No matter what you'll need to RGH this model in order to get the CPU key and the encrypted drive firmware (these are obviously tied to each console), Then you can use LTU firmware..

There are no software exploits/jailbreaks or anything like that on this console, You'll need hardware.

3. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Not all the E series can be glitched, I'm not sure what the cut off date is.

LameNobody likes this.
  4. coon-strudel
    OP

coon-strudel That one weird Furry Artist

Apr 21, 2015
    United States
    My own little world
    Its sooooo boring the way it is.
    I've customized themes and downloaded movies to a flash drive, even tried 80% of demos, but meh.
    I'm looking for a way to make it a bit more capable. I don't make much in a month, so cant really afford hardware, or a replacement system encase i mess something up.
    I really shouldn't have let that gamestop guy convince me into buying this model...The slim came with a bunch of free games.

LameNobody likes this.
  5. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I'd see if you could trade it with one of yer friends for an older Slim or even a Phatty (younger then 2008)

Other then that, it's going to be costly if you want it hacked.