Help with USRCHEAT.DAT

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by .:Crimonite:., Aug 15, 2009.

Aug 15, 2009

Help with USRCHEAT.DAT by .:Crimonite:. at 9:34 AM (1,249 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Member .:Crimonite:. GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hi all. I just recently got myself a new USRCHEAT.DAT. It has some great cheats that i did not have before. Theres one problem. The two USRCHEAT.DAT's have cheats for different games. This is getting annoying, because everytime i want to cheat in something, if ive got the wrong USRCHEAT.DAT, i have to find a PC and a card reader and swap them around. (i have one labelled "USRCHEAT.DAT" and one labelled "USRCHEAT_.DAT") So basically what i want to know is how i edit the ".DAT" files so i can copy the cheats from one into the other and then have the cheats from BOTH files into just one file. Which of course will lead me to download as many USRCHEAT.DAT's as i can and spill them all together into one MASSIVE cheat directory. But, as i said before, i dont know how to edit them. also, if you know how and don't want to spill the beans, ill upload the 2 USRCHEAT.DAT's and you can do it yourself. Please help!

Cheers,
    .:Crimonite:.

2. Gryphon93

Member Gryphon93 GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I'll take a look inside of the USRCHEAT.DAT files I have to see if it's an easy structure that I'm able to understand. If it is, I'll maybe be able to make a program that merges cheat-files, but I'm not promising anything.

3. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Pretty sure with R4cce you just copy and paste the game cheats into the other.

4. Gryphon93

Member Gryphon93 GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Yeah. I tested it out, and it's a much better and easier way. Do as BoxShot said, Crimonite, and your problems will (hopefully) be gone! [​IMG]

5. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Australia
    Sorry, but whats R4cce?

@Gryphon93

thanks heaps. btw, what program are you using to look through the file?

6. BoxShot

United States
  7. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Australia
    ok, going to download R4cce and test it out. post gack my results soon.

8. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Australia
    ok, sorry. went to the sight and i have absoloutly NO idea where to go coz its all in japanese. i tried the "in English" button, but i still couldnt understand. could i please have a direct download link to an english version of this software?

9. BoxShot

United States
    We aren't allowed to since Yasu doesn't like it. [​IMG] I can walk you through it kind of. After you click the link I gave you click soft, scroll down, find r4cce (R4 Cheat Code Editor) ver.0.86 and click on r4cce086.zip

10. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    thats simple
    read the README
    it has instruction to get it to work on english

my answer to your question
    COPY AND PASTE works wonder on r4cce

11. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Australia
    woot, have everything going smoothly (using R4cce) =) thanx everyone for the help!

12. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Australia
    Ok, new problem =(
    I just finished making myself a massive amount of cheats into 1 USRCHEAT.DAT. Infact, if i can get this to work, ill probably upload them here. But the problem is, alot of the cheats in the .DAT don't appear on my R4. (eg. I have cheats for TWEWY in (U), (E) and (J). I'm pretty sure my rom is (U). But when i go to my R4's game menu, the cheat button doesnt appear under the game title.) This is the same with about 70% of my roms. The unusual thing is i have cheats from A-F, but nothing from G-Z. Maybe there are some settings im getting wrong? File encryption or something like that? Anyway, if anyone has any idea what my problem is (and if you dont, just tell me what my settings SHOULD be), pleae help so that i can get this thing working and up on the net.

Cheers,
    .:Crimonite:.

13. BoxShot

United States
    Get ysmenu or r4li 1.23 firmware instead of the original 1.18. Its something to do with the cheat engine of the R4 not being able to show over 800 games I think?