Help with the old R4 Deluxe

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Invincibles, Oct 22, 2011.

Oct 22, 2011
  1. Invincibles
    OP

Newcomer Invincibles Newbie

Singapore
    I have the super old R4DS clone, R4 Deluxe (right, it's a crap nowadays, but I still wanna use it). I'm looking for the most updated firmware, and I found RetroGameFan release.

My question is:
    Where am I supposed to download the DLDI patch? I've looked around the forums but I keep ended up myself on outdated sites.

I also found out about Wood R4 firmware, but I'm still wondering whether it'll work on my flashcart or not. EDIT: Reading further, I guess it's not since my flashcart is not original.

Thanks in advance.

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    dstt patch is found on the guy who created ysmenu search for ysmnenu and there shoiuld be a link go to that link and it will lead to a back website ctrl f type dstt download dstt.dldi and make sure that you arew on the japanese website

3. Invincibles
    OP

Newcomer Invincibles Newbie

Singapore
    I did a DLDI patch using tdio.dldi file provided on Yasu Software website, along with a previously downloaded r4tf.dldi from the old days. tdio.dldi doesn't work, but r4tf.dldi works.

But there's a problem loading any games, it says "fatInitDefault error". Is this problem related to the SD card issue? Or is it the firmware problem? I'm using NOKIA 512MB MicroSD card, and this card used to work along with older firmwares.

Also, where can I find dstt.dldi? I can't seem to find any from the Yasu website (and yes it's Japanese site).

4. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    Just get a new card. They're not that expensive.