1. natsume_ronin

OP natsume_ronin Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hi there! Forgive me for any mistakes as this is my first thread.

So I'm trying to play Pokemon Adventures Red Chapter on my SP with an EZ-Flash Omega that I just received, but I keep getting an error saying that the file is too big. Now the ROM is on the large side being 32MB, but I currently have other 32MB romhacks on my Omega that manage to run without any errors. A quick google search led me to a post on Reddit that suggests writing the ROM to NORflash but I get the same error when trying to do so.
    I've attached an image for those who might be curious. I'm also running Sterophonick's Simple kernel, if it matters.

I've tried looking for more information on the error but I can't seem to find any. Any help would be much appreciated!

Attached Files:

Sterophonick likes this.
  2. Sterophonick

Sterophonick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Perhaps the patch is making the file slightly over 32MB. You should try to use various trimming tools in order to trim it to exactly 33,554,432 bytes in size.

3. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    It will not fit in fast ram

4. natsume_ronin

OP natsume_ronin Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Thanks for the advice! The patched ROM is indeed about 1KB larger than supposed to be. I tried trimming it with both GBA Tool Advance and NDSTokyoTrim and it doesn't make a difference in size (according to the log for NDSTT the ROM has already been trimmed). Apparently, some emulators don't seem to work well with the latest version of the ROMhack and I suspect it might have something to do with the size.

Sterophonick likes this.
  5. Sterophonick

Sterophonick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That doesn't seem to be very much. You can use a hex editor such as HxD to trim the file so that it ends at address 0x1FFFFFF. It shouldn't take too much time and is relatively easy to do.

6. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Works straight out on Everdrive GBA X5 no trimming

7. natsume_ronin

OP natsume_ronin Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Thanks, that did the trick! It's my first time using a hex editor and I couldn't find any address named specifically 0x1FFFFFF, but I did delete the stuff after address 0xFFFFF0 and the ROM appears to work fine. In any case, thanks for all the help and also a big thank you for your custom kernel!

Sterophonick likes this.
  8. Sterophonick

Sterophonick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No problem!

natsume_ronin likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - error, Flash, Omega