Help with SMChax/uninstall?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by windy-child, Nov 6, 2016.

1. windy-child
    OP

windy-child Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2016
    United States
    So I originally had installed SMChax on my 3ds and it had worked for a while, until I updated and accidentally deleted stuff off my SD card (I know it's stupid but bear with me)
    Since I'm on 11.2, I can't install SMChax again (I have OoT3Dhax right now, but prefer SMChax)
    But, whenever I try to boot up SMChax, it keeps restarting.
    I have access to homebrew, but how do I reset the SMChax to be just a regular Super Mystery Dungeon cartridge?
    (the select menu does not show up, every time I try to boot it, it kicks me back to the homescreen and resets.)

2. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae [ˈzifɨˌdeɪ]

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Have you tried holding down A+B+X+Y as the game boots up? I'm not sure if this works for SMD, but it's worth a try.

Alternatively, I believe your only option would be to find a 3DS below 11.2 to reset your cartridge.

3. windy-child
    OP

windy-child Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2016
    United States
    I did try A+B+X+Y, and it didn't work :< I guess I gotta try to find one then, thanks for your help!
    I think part of the issue is that with SMD you can't reset it like a pokemon game, you have to go to the menu in-game and delete the save
    but man, that kinda sucks

4. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae [ˈzifɨˌdeɪ]

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    On the SMChax site, it says "In the event that you wish to return the cartridge to it's original cleared save state, you can also select Clear savegame and your save will be wiped." Does yours kick you back to the home menu before you're able to do this?

5. windy-child
    OP

windy-child Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2016
    United States
    yeah, I said before
    "(the select menu does not show up, every time I try to boot it, it kicks me back to the homescreen and resets.)"

it's referring to when you can access the "select menu" (by holding select), and I can't even do that.

6. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae [ˈzifɨˌdeɪ]

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Ah, sorry, I'm not familiar with how SMD/SMChax work. It seems your only option is to find a 3DS on system version 11.0 or below.

7. windy-child
    OP

windy-child Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2016
    United States
    Alright. Thank you!