1. RicoPicoso

OP RicoPicoso Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    My goal is to get DKCR playable on the gamepad with a more traditional control scheme rather than bad motion controls. While researching online I’ve found that Gecko codes for classic wii controller support exist and I’ve seen that translated to gamepad support, but I just can’t get it to work for me. I’ve tried modifying the main.dol file of the game to apply the code I found online and then injecting the iso with teconmoons tool with no luck. I don’t know if I’m doing the main.dol modification wrong or the code I found is not valid, either way, can someone help me with this? If there’s some other method I’m missing or anything let me know, I just want to play the game in bed.

I have the PAL version of the game by the way, I’ve only found one code, there’s a bunch of tutorials and patches for the US version but for PAL there’s a lot less info.

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex Eduard Pinguingummihals!

Germany
    DKCR? Something with donkey kong?

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  3. RicoPicoso

OP RicoPicoso Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Yes, Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii.

4. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
  5. RicoPicoso

OP RicoPicoso Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    No, that wasn't the one I used as it's only for the US version. What I did was was get the gecko code for the PAL version here :
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/using-a-classic-controller-hack-in-games.385157/
    I tried to make the .gct file myself using that code and then patched the main.dol of my copy. I don't know if I did any of those steps correctly tbh. Also what does the patch video mode option do? Would an US ISO even work on my PAL WiiU?

EDIT: I tried using the US rom and it did work! Thank you so much!

Last edited by RicoPicoso, May 21, 2020
    alexander1970 and fatherjack like this.
  6. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Great!
    just noticed the obvious as well.....gct in the download was the US title ID. PAL would have needed SF8P01.gct

Glad your sorted :)

RicoPicoso and alexander1970 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - patching,