Hacking Help with patching DKCR iso

RicoPicoso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My goal is to get DKCR playable on the gamepad with a more traditional control scheme rather than bad motion controls. While researching online I’ve found that Gecko codes for classic wii controller support exist and I’ve seen that translated to gamepad support, but I just can’t get it to work for me. I’ve tried modifying the main.dol file of the game to apply the code I found online and then injecting the iso with teconmoons tool with no luck. I don’t know if I’m doing the main.dol modification wrong or the code I found is not valid, either way, can someone help me with this? If there’s some other method I’m missing or anything let me know, I just want to play the game in bed.

I have the PAL version of the game by the way, I’ve only found one code, there’s a bunch of tutorials and patches for the US version but for PAL there’s a lot less info.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

RicoPicoso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
were you talking about the patch @cucholix posted here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...homebrew-support.483577/page-216#post-7661777
as that is only for US v1.01 - or did you find a PAL patch elsewhere?

I would suggest to try the above ISO and patch, then inject using Teconmoons v3.0.1 injection tool and try advanced > patch video mode with Wii-VMC and choose NTSC to PAL during the conversion

good luck
No, that wasn't the one I used as it's only for the US version. What I did was was get the gecko code for the PAL version here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/using-a-classic-controller-hack-in-games.385157/
I tried to make the .gct file myself using that code and then patched the main.dol of my copy. I don't know if I did any of those steps correctly tbh. Also what does the patch video mode option do? Would an US ISO even work on my PAL WiiU?

EDIT: I tried using the US rom and it did work! Thank you so much!

Last edited by RicoPicoso,

MeekoKyjhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ive been trying to patch the USA version my self but my computer wont open wii scrubber says cygwin.dll missing

is there anychance you could pm me your WUP game for me to get if you could upload it to somwhere?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playing the game right now on the vwii. I'm not using codes or a patched iso though as I've gotten used to the motion controls. the only time I mess up usually is on the world 4 boss, since there's not much room on the first mine cart and the other mine carts fall into the pit below.

prince_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys, this is my very first comment on this platform. So I am a novıce with the modding terms and methods.

I also wanted to patch DKCR for the PAL WII U in order to play with Game Pad and also multiplayer with wii remote. But sadly I still have some issues with the patching:(

I extracted the main.dol with WiiScrubber. Then I run the patch as admin (here sadly the process happens so fast without any feedback, that I dont know, if the patch actually worked successfully).

Then I replace the main.dol with the patched main.dol.

After this I use tecon moon 3.0.1 and perform the steps with Wii-VMC and NTSC to PA while conversion as stated above.
I also clicked on force gamepad as CC.

I install the game successfully on the wii u. When I start it witch mocha, it opens and even asks for gamepad mode.
But after the game opens, the gamepad does not work as a controller, and it tells me to not remove the controllers.

So I really dont know what I did wrong :(

@RicoPicoso:
how did it work for you? did you do something else?

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr