Misc help with nintendos wifi adapter

jowan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i bought aa adapter for wifi (the one from nintendo) and when i install it and connect my ds the ds makes the test and it says it has signal but then its gone what to do?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jowan said:
i bought aa adapter for wifi (the one from nintendo) and when i install it and connect my ds the ds makes the test and it says it has signal but then its gone what to do?

did you restart the pc and the DS after installing the drivers and did you pair your DS with the nintendo wifi program from the TASK BAR icon and allow your DS to use the connection ??

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jowan said:
i didnt restart the pc but i did the others things you think thats the problem?

install the drivers connect the USB adapter when prompted let it install when its installed RESTART the computer with the usb adapter attached

when you are back into windows double click the nintendo wifi adapter icon on the task bar you will get a window come up this is where you allow/deny connections to the WIFI Adapter
smile.gif

now start your DS up and choose a wifi game .. I recommend MARIO KART its the easiest to use to set up ..

start the game and choose NINTENDO WFC and then choose NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS

Hit the BIG BLUE BUTTON Nintendo wifi connection settings

click the blue bar icon CONNECT to your Nintendo wifi usb connector

click OK ... and it will start to connect

look at the window for the wifi adapter on your computer it should show your DS user name/nickname

right click on your name and choose to allow/grant access

your ds should now confirm the connection and do a test (cant remember you may have to get it to do the connection test not used my connector for ages as i use wifi bridge now instead:) )

once the test is successful then click back and back again keep hitting back until your back in the MARIO KART options now choose NINTENDO WFC MATCH choose YES to connect it should tell you its downloaded your settings/friend codes settings and stored them
smile.gif

you should now be able to connect and play a wifi match either friends/rivals/regional or worldwide game
smile.gif

note the WIFI ADAPTER will not work for homebrew software
frown.gif

you can however mess about turning it into a SOFT APPLICATION wifi adapter but honestly its more hassle than its really worth!

jowan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i did just like you said but it says error code 52103 and go to nintendowifi.com abd i do as they say but it still doesnt work what should i do now?

Radio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What firewall are you using? Sometimes the DS connects to the computer fine so you can register the DS in the wifi settings but the firewall prevents it from connecting to the internet.
Zonealarm free edition has a big problem with this unfortunately.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Radio said:
What firewall are you using? Sometimes the DS connects to the computer fine so you can register the DS in the wifi settings but the firewall prevents it from connecting to the internet.
Zonealarm free edition has a big problem with this unfortunately.

if this is the case set it to MEDIUM settings on the slider/sliders in the firewall settings of zone alarm
smile.gif

it will prompt to allow or deny access when you try connect
smile.gif

you could also try trouble shooting here
smile.gif

Radio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately that doesn't work with Zonealarm free. You either have to turn it off, (not recommended) use a different firewall or upgrade to the pro version so that you can open the ports needed following the instructions here. I did the later and it works for me.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Radio said:
Unfortunately that doesn't work with Zonealarm free. You either have to turn it off, (not recommended) use a different firewall or upgrade to the pro version so that you can open the ports needed following the instructions here. I did the later and it works for me.

It works with the FREE version! (I Use the FREE version) and I Know it works with It .....

you just have to lower the settings in FIREWALL/MAIN to MEDIUM for both sliders and then you should be able to connect through it
smile.gif

the other way is to quit ZONE ALARM from the task bar (Right Click and shut zone alarm down) connect your WiFi adapter and get it working with a game then reload ZONEALARM from program files
smile.gif

Radio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jowan said:
i use panda antivirus+firewall and i dont know how to add the application to the allowed list
frown.gif
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineFirewall.jsp ://http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...neFirewall.jsp is the customer service page detailing some of the things that you can try and change in your firewall settings. I'm not familiar with the Panda firewall so you will have to double check the manual on how to adjust these settings but it's pretty straight forward to do once you know where the menu options are.
You may not have to add the trusted applications depending on how your firewall functions but try adding the port settings (if you haven't already) and IP ranges and see how you go.

The other thing that may or may not help is to check online to make sure that you have the most recent driver for the adapter. Probably won't make a difference but it's always best to get the latest driver as it could have other fixes.

jowan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
thanks for the help guys, nothing really worked, i think ill just quit my illusion to be able to play online again
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh