Hacking help with my m3 real

shortyno69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi
i bought the M3 ds lite card an i have inserted the .nds files in the nds folder but when i start the console up nothing happens it just says no ds card inserted it finds the pak card but not the ds card any ideas please so i can get games working for the daughter
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

thanks

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
i got the m3 a few days ago and it ran pretty quickly and easily.

first go here http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html
and download the "system v2.8 file" file.

plug the micro sd card into your computer and quick format it. copy the system folder you just downloaded to the memory card.

next to the system folder (not inside it) create a new folder called "NDS". put your games and roms in that folder. the game files end in .nds

turn off the ds and make sure it has sufficient charge. put the sd card in the m3, then the m3 in the ds. turn on the the ds and just after the safety warning screen the system should load automatically. in your ds the icon in the top left houses the games.

(hope you get it working before your daughter opens her xmas presents)

shortyno69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the quick reply but have followed the instructions still the same result it says no ds card inserted i formatted the card d/l the link and created a nds folder then draged a .nds game accross and nothing ????
thanks

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are three possible causes, and none of them involve the memory card or any of the files on it.

1. Dirty contacts. Remove the M3 and examine the pins for filth. Remove any filth you find and try again. You might also try inserting and removing the M3 a few times, or blowing into the DS game slot.

2. Malformed case on the M3, preventing the pins from making contact. Try sticking a piece of paper in the DS game slot on the side of the M3 opposite the contacts. This may force them into the proper position.

3. Dead cart. Get it replaced.

shortyno69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it does say that there is ds art inserted it just doesnt read the ds card unless the cart doesnt work but the nds does see that is there just no ds card

shortyno69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry when i insert the ds card in and i start it it comes up saying no ds card inserted but it does recognise that the other cartridge is there

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
sorry when i insert the ds card in and i start it it comes up saying no ds card inserted but it does recognise that the other cartridge is there
Have you tried to clean the contacts yet? When my unit isn't detected I take a cotton swab and rub it along the contacts. Then put it back in the DS and turn it back on. That normally works for me. If that doesn't work try another DS and if even that doesn't work you might have a broken unit.....

shortyno69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, confusion abounds

download this http://down.gbalpha.com/GBalpha/Softwares/G6&M3DS-R_E15.zip

and just put the folder in the zipfile in your SDcard's root directory, forget the NDS file for now

put that folder on your SDcard and turn on your DS now what happens, step by step, do any menus appear what exactly happens?

right have done that i get the same screen come up saying there is no ds card inserted on the top then in the middle i have

pictochat and ds download play

then little box with gba then there is a ds option pak inserted there as well

i have a photo but not sure how to upload pic

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
ok since i used the same software theres obviously no problem there.
which leaves a hardware problem. things that could be wrong:

1.your ds: try using a friends ds

2.the sdcard:if you have a spare try that... if not then try a friends.

3.clean the contacts: i doubt this would be the problem

4.something is loose: this is the most likely problem. try wiggling the sd card inside the m3. also try wiggling the m3 inside the ds. inserting a small folded piece of paper in with the m3 (when you put it in the ds) may help keep it tight.

thats pretty much it , after that i'm all outta ideas.

shortyno69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks the daughter have a end coming round tomorrow with a nds so i can try then will get back to u tomorow with the results

thanks again

tau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HAha oh wow. I think by "DS Cart" he sometimes means the microSD card.

Man, naming what you're referring to properly really does help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i know this isn't the place but does/did anybody have the same issue as me?