Help with my acekard please

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by uvasag, Jan 21, 2013.

Jan 21, 2013

Help with my acekard please by uvasag at 5:34 AM (997 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. uvasag
    OP

Newcomer uvasag Newbie

United States
    I have a 3ds and the acekard was working fine. My son accidentally clicked on the Pokemon game and it asked to update it and he said yes. He is 6 years old and once his DS stopped working he was very nervous so this is the only info I got out of him. Anyway, something he did has caused the DS to stop working. It shows me the Pippa logo but when I click on it, it errors out saying 'An error has occurred. Please hold the POWER key to shut down the DS. Please refer to the owner's manual' . I formatted the SD Card and tried to copy the _aio folder and the akmenu4.nds file again but the DS will now the show the SD Card file menu anymore. It shows the Pippa logo and the same error when I click on it. Is this fixable ? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. DroRox

Member DroRox Ambassador of Ooo

United States
    Sorry, bub, your acekard will no longer work on that 3DS. Acekards don't work with new system updates sent out by Nintendo and probably never will again since the Acekard team is as good as dead. :/

Your best shot now is to get an R43ds Gold or a Supercard DS2 flashcart.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  4. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    The latest 3DS firmware locks out 98% of the flashcards out there and the Acekard 2i can not update because it no longer has the firmware space to do so.
    I suggest buying a new flashcard like a Supercard DSTwo, since that is pretty much the only flashcard out there that seems to have less problems with the 3DS updates.

I would suggest the R4i Gold, but I have heard a lot of people complain about some of the boards not updating, even some of the latest boards have problems. So I can not suggest that until that is settled.

5. uvasag
    OP

Newcomer uvasag Newbie

United States
    Thank you so much guys for the timely replies. I ordered the supercard DSTwo. I'm trying to prepare myself by figuring out how to set it up. Is there any place where they have instructions on how to set it up. I do see downloads for the latest versions but after that I don't know how to set it up. Is it something simple ? Thanks.

6. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo.290190/ :)

Edit: There's really only 2 main things to consider: the firmware and the 'EOS' of the DStwo.
    • The cart's Firmware is what is updated when Nintendo blocks flash carts with 3DS updates. If the 3ds is on the latest firmware then the DStwo needs to be running firmware 1.19 (currently the latest).
      • Many stores update them for you before shipping
      • If they have not then you need to find a DS/DSlite/DSi (or 3DS on old firmware) that you can borrow and then follow the firmware update steps in that guide.
    • The EOS is basically the interface you see when you load into the cart. It gets updated to provide compatibility with newer DS ROMs, as well adding/updating features of the cart itself.
    So it will either come with the latest firmware and you just copy over the 'EOS' files to the microSD and you're good to go, or if it ships with an older firmware you will also need to perform the upgrade steps also. Either way its pretty easy.

7. uvasag
    OP

Newcomer uvasag Newbie

United States
    Thank you so much. How will I know what version firmware came with the cart ?

8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States