Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
JoostinOnline said:
pkmn789123 said:
I got GH6 from my friend, it's a backup. Guess what: it wont load either.
But we are talking about your lens having trouble reading some media, not your friends. Follow the instructions I said before.

rolleyes.gif

If he says his friend had a working copy of GH6, and his wii can't play that backup, it may be related to both lens / modchip firmware since he mentioned he can play older backups, like I said before, again, he must have a lot of unbranded DVD+R which would work if the lens would be in mint condition. (Or in this case the friend's wii lens which is indeed in good condition and/or a newer modchip with newer firmware included to handle better compatibility/DVD-R, DVD+R media discs).

And be more polite for those you help, because as far as I know, you just know the average info about wii here on GBATemp, perhaps a bit more.

-

pkmn789123, you should reconsider acquiring a triwing anyway for letting us know which modchip you have, also, those DVDs which work on your friend's wii... could you test them through neogamma?, if not already done, and finally be sure to acquire good DVD-R media. (careful, sony DVDs won't work fine), but maxell, Cursor (that's how they are branded here), ridata, ritek or any cheap DVD-R you may find should do. Also, use IMGBurn @ 3X just to be safe.

(..Older GC backup disks required burning mini-dvds at 2.4x and a exceptionally good brand media to let you enjoy games without DRE)

Coto.-
I'm gonna check them with neogamma later and see if they work
yaywii.gif

I'm gonna try to get the triwing from a friend, because i'm not finding it
unsure.gif

and thanks for the suggestions
smile.gif

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VxK5_3xIrQ[/youtube]
Sony vegas didnt render the video properly, skip to 1:23 to see the video
Those yellow dvds have the following code according to imgburn: I 20:19:52 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: TYG02) (Speeds: 4x; 6x; 8x)
My SMG2 Disc was recorded with this media, and it didnt work.
EDIT: Look what I have found
QUOTE said:
For misinformation and bad faith also, various shops / dealers sell
these DVDs that have a fake ID as Taiyo Yuden,
Sony or another manufacturer established, but in reality are false and there
a big difference in quality for an authentic media.
I'm now trying to burn an old backup (the ones that work) on that dvd and see if it works.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
JoostinOnline said:
pkmn789123 said:
I got GH6 from my friend, it's a backup. Guess what: it wont load either.
But we are talking about your lens having trouble reading some media, not your friends. Follow the instructions I said before.

rolleyes.gif

If he says his friend had a working copy of GH6, and his wii can't play that backup, it may be related to both lens / modchip firmware since he mentioned he can play older backups, like I said before, again, he must have a lot of unbranded DVD+R which would work if the lens would be in mint condition. (Or in this case the friend's wii lens which is indeed in good condition and/or a newer modchip with newer firmware included to handle better compatibility/DVD-R, DVD+R media discs).
That's what I said...

harroxelas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I also have a modchip (D2CKEY) and when my disc channel started not recognizing discs it ended up being a problem with my laser. That got me into using usb loaders. It was the best thing that ever happened to my wii, dying laser. Dude, just go for USB loading.

PS: I ended up replacing my laser anyway, just to play GC games.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm really curious to know my modchip model, if I get to open it, I'm gonna post a pic of the wii board.
And it isnt the laser, because it can play the older backups.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
pkmn789123 said:
I'm really curious to know my modchip model, if I get to open it, I'm gonna post a pic of the wii board.
And it isnt the laser, because it can play the older backups.
A dying laser may result in not being able to play some backups. Follow the directions I gave you. Under those specs, you should be able to load a backup.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I've noticed another thing:

Those "blank screens" your wii has been showing, can be caused because of PAL mode enabled by default in these discs. You can check this if after running a DVD backup which gives you blackscreens, there is still dvd reads (or buzzs from the DVD drive).

And this means, your friend seem to have a more sophisticated modchip which would force PAL games into NTSC succesfully, plus giving some DVD+R media to be read. Or the already mentioned dying lens.

My wii has the D2E drive chip, and can read SOME DVD+R but it takes more time for them to be recognized. As for DVD-R, I haven't found a problem with both Wii & GC games. (I don't have a modchip installed...)

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Today I was trying to find the triwing screwdriver, but i couldnt find it anywhere ! Maybe tommorow im gonna ask a guy to open my wii, and maybe change the modchip if possible, or just to see the modchip name. As JoostinOnline suggested, I've bought some good quality blank dvds, but they're not from verbatim, they're from sony. Are they good ?
unsure.gif

EDIT: I've changed my username, just in case you dont know who I am

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
d00dleFace said:
Today I was trying to find the triwing screwdriver, but i couldnt find it anywhere ! Maybe tommorow im gonna ask a guy to open my wii, and maybe change the modchip if possible, or just to see the modchip name. As JoostinOnline suggested, I've bought some good quality blank dvds, but they're not from verbatim, they're from sony. Are they good ?
unsure.gif

Verbatim has the best reputation for working with Wii's, but if you already bought Sony you might as well test them. Make sure you burn them at 4x.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
d00dleFace said:
unsure.gif

Verbatim has the best reputation for working with Wii's, but if you already bought Sony you might as well test them. Make sure you burn them at 4x.
I think im gonna wait until tomorrow, just to check the modchip, i dont wanna waste a dvd if it still doesnt work. These electronic things are expensive here where I live, every single blank sony dvd costed R$1.50, about 1 dollar. I've bought 5. (They didn't sell them in spindles/packages.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
d00dleFace said:
I think im gonna wait until tomorrow, just to check the modchip, i dont wanna waste a dvd if it still doesnt work. These electronic things are expensive here where I live, every single blank sony dvd costed R$1.50, about 1 dollar. I've bought 5. (They didn't sell them in spindles/packages.

Uh... good luck with sony media.. neither GC or Wii lens will like this brand (As seen before..), but you may be lucky if it's a Sony with a fake ID vendor

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
d00dleFace said:

Uh... good luck with sony media.. neither GC or Wii lens will like this brand (As seen before..), but you may be lucky if it's a Sony with a fake ID vendor
Oh noes
hate2.gif

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
d00dleFace said:
QUOTE said:
I use Sony DvD-R and they seem to work pretty well, iv put over 26 games on them and so far all have worked.
Found on afterdawn forums

Believe me, a year ago I acquired a 50 DVD-r SONY pack. Recognized by imgburn as ID Sony as the vendor, and none of them worked for me..

It really depends on where the vendors media were built. More info http://www.wiihacks.com/dumping-burning-wi...sony-dvd-r.html
Thanks for the info
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ