Help with micro SDHC please

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bootpod, Apr 25, 2010.

Apr 25, 2010

Help with micro SDHC please by bootpod at 4:41 PM (638 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. bootpod
    OP

Newcomer bootpod Member

United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I should think this is a common problem but couldn't find existing threads.

Have a problem with a 2GB micro SDHC which is being used in a DSTT card.

I'm guessing that I over filled the SDHC card with roms because I now have a conflict. Now I can't access the games when I turn the DS on.

When I put the micro SDHC in my computer & try to access the files I am unable to & I am asked to reformat the card, although the properties confirm a full card.
    If I reformat the card I will lose months worth of save files along with the roms themselves.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Does anyone know of any good freeware that will allow me to access/recover the game files without the need to reformat?
    Failing that, any good freeware that will allow me to recover the files after re-formatting?!

2. giratina16

Member giratina16 Born This Way

United Kingdom
    I get this quite often, I find blowing into the card reader often helps. Sometimes it's when the micro sd goes corrupt and there isn't much you can do about it, try using another card reader if the blowing doesn't help.

3. gary2010

Member gary2010 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i filled my friends 2gb full of roms there was only about 2 or 3 mb left and he played it for abit but then he couldnt see the games, the only thing i thought was the save files had filled the sd card up so there was absoloutly no space and corrupted all the files. so i formatted the card an left enought space to add some more games instead of trying to fill it up. try leaving 100mb space and see what that does it might help

4. bootpod
    OP

Newcomer bootpod Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for replies peeps,

@ giratina16 - hi, have tried several card readers with the same result. The computer recognises that a reader has been inserted & that the microSDHC is present.

It's something to do with the SDHC card itself rather than the reader, due to the card being packed to the gills.

@gary2010 - You're right, it's definitely due to the fact that I didn't leave enough space for the save files, so as time went on & these were created, they just overloaded the card capability & created conflict.
    I know I can reformat the card & then leave more space to manoeuvre when I copy games to it, my problem is that I don't want to lose the save files that are on the card at the mo', but which I can't access!?

Is there a program (freeware) to help me regain the present save files before they are lost?