Help With M3i Zero...Micro-SDHC Card Problems

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Yohko86, Aug 27, 2010.

Aug 27, 2010
  1. Yohko86
    OP

Newcomer Yohko86 Member

United States
    I have a class 2 Sandisk 16GB card and while it works for the most part, it's quite laggy in game such as Castlevania DoS and PoR, and TWEWY. And even on other games' opening and in-game movies like Tales of Hearts, where it lags quite a lot in some places.

Somebody told me some time ago that I needed a card with higher speed, preferably a class 6 one. What's a good one I can buy that works the best with the M3i Zero and will eliminate my lag and freezing problems?

EDIT: Well, I decided to go with the Transcend! I've been using it for close to 3 months now and it's working out great (eliminated most of my lagging problems)! Thanks to all that commented!

2. MaGosT

Member MaGosT GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I'm using a transcend, never had any issues. Class 6 8GB that is.

3. kraijeck

Newcomer kraijeck Member

United States
    I don't have any laggy problem in sandisk class2 8GB, but have some freez and hang in OP of "The world end with you" and "Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey"

Class 6 MicroSDHC Card fix this problem.

4. Clookster

Banned Clookster Your Clookster

Switzerland
    This is indeed a problem with M3 firmware. Try your Sandisc 16 GB with Akaio / Acekard, you'll see that it'll work much, much better.

5. Yohko86
    OP

Newcomer Yohko86 Member

United States
    That's all fine and good about getting an Acekard and all, but as strange as it may sound to some, I like my M3i Zero and the Sakura firmware so I'm not looking into getting one anytime soon. I know it's a great card, but it doesn't really impress me much. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

6. Yohko86
    OP

Newcomer Yohko86 Member

United States

If you don't mind me asking, about how long have you owned your Transcend card (I've owned my Sandisk card close to 7 months)?

7. Clookster

Banned Clookster Your Clookster

Switzerland
    I always had trouble with 8 & 16 GB SanDisc Micro SD Cards on M3 Sakura. If you prefer to stay with M3, maybe try an older, smaller card. Good luck!