Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone.

I am a TOTAL NEWBIE to this. I just recieved my M3 DS Simply and am lost
cry.gif
Would someone PLEASE give me DETAILED step by step set-up instructions in what I all have to install off of the included CD software disk that comes with this. Please be very detailed and let me know if I have to load the folders or just the files inside it. Please include the set-up instructions for the moonshell also. Thank you soooooooooo much to all that respond. I really appreciate it and so will my daughter
tongue.gif
One more thing, in my area all I can find is the San Disk SD micro card. It is not the ultra (high speed). I heard that the Kingston might be the best. Do I need a high speed and is kingston a high speed one? Which card should I get?

Dan

manomanx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here we go:

1. Download firmware version 1.01 from HERE.
2. Unzip the file.
3. Select (highlight, basically) ALL THE FILES in the folder you just unzipped the file to. Copy what you've just selected.
4. At this time, connect your microSD card to your computer. Wait for it to load up, and open My Computer. You should see something along the lines of "Removable Disk /X:", X being the letter of the drive.
5. Right click on the Removable Disk drive and select "Format".
6. Now, open up the Removable Disk drive. You should have no files or folders inside it at this point. Paste the files and folders you copied earlier from the 1.01 firmware folder RIGHT INTO THE EMPTY DRIVE, or what is called the root. It is called the root because it is the base folder of the drive, with nothing inside it.
7. Now, you are basically done setting up. You can now make a folder named "Games" (IN THE ROOT ALSO), and copy/paste all your game roms into there.

If you're having trouble visualizing what I've just listed, take a look at THIS thread, where I asked about the same thing. Look at the pictures to see how other people have set up their microSD cards. Good luck with your Simply, hope this has helped. Feel free to ask any questions.

edit: Also, to answer your other questions: ignore the CD that came with it, the firmware included on that is already outdated. Just use the download link I gave you for 1.01. I'm not sure how to set up moonshell, I believe it already set up when you do what I say above. Sandisk microSD cards are fine, on par with their Kingston counterparts.

DB62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manomanx2

THANK YOU!!! I will try this later tonight when I get home. So, I don't need to get the "ultra" San Disk card, the regular one will work just fine? Thanks again

Dan

manomanx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, regular Sandisk will be fine, although Castlevania POR might spell some trouble for you. If possible, try ordering THIS from Amazon. It's the recommended Kingston card that everyone likes so much (I have one too). It's cheap too, another good reason to get it. If not, you won't be disappointed with the Sandisk alternative.

DB62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Again!!!

Can someone please tell me if I still have to add the "Moonshell" folder OR the files from that folder that came on the software disc when I purchased the M3 DS or is included in the updated v1.01?

Dan

manomanx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it's included, but it's not updated; I'll show you what someone else told me in a diff thread:

Speaking of moonshell, what version is it in firmware 1.05? If it's old, any way to update it?

I think it's 1.51.. didn't actually check on 1.05. Just delete shell folder and the file '_DS_MSHL.NDS on your your card. Get the latest ver and run setup. Just check the drivers for R4 and make it install in your card drive. Then rename the nds generated to '_DS_MSHL.NDS' and you're all set.

Hope that helps!

DB62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manomanx2

Thanks again for all of your help! One more question. Can you use skins from the R4 on the M3 DS Simply at all?

Dan

manomanx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, all R4 skins are compatible with the M3 Simply. I recommend using R4PSP, or DS Lite Blue.

To install skins, download the file, unzip if necessary, and copy the entire contents of the resulting folder into the "_system_" folder of your microSD. Overwrite the files already inside.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_JNGI1dI-e8&pp=ygUbU3BhY2ViYWxscyBsdWdnYWdlIHBhc3N3b3Jk