Help with Luma

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Weed_Snorkeler, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Weed_Snorkeler
    OP

Weed_Snorkeler Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2017
    United States
    So, my friend was trying to install Luma on his Old 3DS. He was at the SysNAND Transfer Options and the Auto option wasn't working so he hit the Forced option. Everything was going fine until he got to the SafeA9LH Installer, when he hit the button to shutdown his system it wouldn't turn back on. Now, whenever he tries to turn on his 3DS the blue light goes on, then off. He's tried holding Select+Power, and he has his SD card in. He's also tried holding L+R+Up+A+Power and the same thing keeps happening. Is it bricked?

2. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    wont know without seeing an image of his sd card contents... sounds like no arm9loaderhax.bin

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    turning on then off is a sign that it can't find arm9loaderhax.bin. is that on the sd card?

4. EthanAddict

EthanAddict Anti-Skiddo activitist and scientist

Nov 12, 2016
    Greece
    See if a file named arm9loaderhax.bin is on the root of his sd card, if yes it might be bricked, otherwise you need to get it...

5. Weed_Snorkeler
    OP

Weed_Snorkeler Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2017
    United States
    Pretty sure that was the problem. The file is nowhere on the SD card. Transferring it right now, fingers crossed.

6. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    If the above doesn't work try deleting the extdata located in Nintendo 3DS>32 characters>32 characters>extdata>00000000 and delete "0000008f" folder(USA console). Maybe that had something to do with downgrading(which is obsolete now) but I remember it turning on and off like that even when I had the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the SD card or if the NAND side of Luma wasn't configured to boot without an SD card it did that as well.

Edit: I see you got it now.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247, Jan 31, 2017