Hacking Help with installing DLC to existing game

BoredLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own the disc for smash brothers for wii u (North America disc) but I'm trying to get DLC as well, whether it's installing it to the system or using a temporary patch. I searched everywhere on the internet, but to no avail. I tried getting Wii U USB Helper and downloaded some dlc files, but I don't know what to do with them. Heck, I even created this GBAtemp account to ask this question. Can someone help me getting DLC for this game I already have? (I don't need the game, just the DLC) Any help is GREEAATTLLYYY appreciated.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you have files in installable format (.app and .h3 files, title.tik, ...)

1- put them into /install/{arbitrary folder name without symbols or accented letters}/*.app etc. on the SD card
2- make sure you have a CFW running (such as sigpatch2sysmenu, Haxchi/CBHC's builtin one, Mocha...) since what you want to install is unsigned
3- run a title-installing homebrew (Wupinstaller Y-mod, systemconfigtool, Wupinstaller gx2...) and install the title (to the same storage that currently contains the game's saves and updates)

BoredLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't try using a CFW, probably why I got an error. I'll try it right now, thank you so much for responding!!:lol:

BoredLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works! Just a few questions though, is there any way to permanently patch it so that I don't have to launch the CFW everytime I want to play? Also, is the dlc safe for online play?

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. Cbhc. Or buy some dlc (cheapest) then ticket flip (bit more advanced but there are guides on here) and you won't need cfw. Yes, safe to play online so long as you don't cheat or mod it (i think).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY