Hardware Help with hardmod?

Kurobei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm tired and frustrated and annoyed at all of this.

So, I decided to hardmod both my N3DSes. Especially my new one that has 11 on it. The first one went perfectly. The dumps were good, everything went smoothly, overall a success. (Well, except for the CLK pad falling off but a quick bridge fixed that.)

So, now I do the new one. Soldering went smoothly, everything is pretty and precise. However, every time I plug it in to my laptop, it doesn't read properly. I get invalid geometry errors, incorrect function, and that my drive isn't big enough for the image (yeah, no.) I got one good dump out of it. But that was an hour of fighting and luck. And it doesn't help me in making it writeable.

The error that I've got is:
00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000005 00000000

I'm using the Anker reader suggested.

Oh, and it boots up fine when not connected. So nothing is broken.

It's grounded to the SD card shield because no solder will stick to the other ground pad I found.

Can someone help a frustrated and confused lady out?

I've removed and redone it all at least a dozen times over the last couple days. Error codes would vary a little, but still be unusable. It always tends to come back to that code after I try it once, though.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm tired and frustrated
I would stop there as someone who used to do hard mods to consoles this is usually where you fuck up due to rage and start to panick and then rage even more. Set everything aside take a nap and start with a fresh mind tomorrow :) you probably are looking over something very simple.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Kurobei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I've already done that twice :sad:. Besides, small component work is right in my field, so it's not the soldering that's frustrating me (I actually find it pretty relaxing,) but that I just haven't been able to find any reason why it wouldn't work over the past 3 days.

I'm probably done trying to redoing it again for today though, unless there's a definite "This is what's wrong!" epiphany.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I've already done that twice :sad:. Besides, small component work is right in my field, so it's not the soldering that's frustrating me (I actually find it pretty relaxing,) but that I just haven't been able to find any reason why it wouldn't work over the past 3 days.

I'm probably done trying to redoing it again for today though, unless there's a definite "This is what's wrong!" epiphany.
Did you clean your connections with 99% alcohol to remove any flux?

Kurobei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to scream. I was just turning it on and off and trying it over and over and suddenly it starts transferring... nothing has changed, the system hasn't even been moved... I'm so confused...

I just got two good dumps out of it...

I go through school for electrical engineering, work fixing this sort of stuff for years... why does it always come down to magic?

I guess problem solved? I'm going to hope it lasts long enough to get what I need done... Otherwise, I'll be back!

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to scream. I was just turning it on and off and trying it over and over and suddenly it starts transferring... nothing has changed, the system hasn't even been moved... I'm so confused...

I just got two good dumps out of it...

I go through school for electrical engineering, work fixing this sort of stuff for years... why does it always come down to magic?

I guess problem solved? I'm going to hope it lasts long enough to get what I need done... Otherwise, I'll be back!
maybe it's the wire length but I would run those dumps through Decrypt9 to see if they are valid.

Kurobei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says they're good. I'm completely baffled.

I'm a technical minded woman, I know there's a reason behind everything, but more and more I keep wondering if maybe the sixth world is just late...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: