Hacking Help With Getting Saves off An O3DS NAND

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so: copy your decrypted .sav file to the same folder where you've extracted 3ds-save-tool. I will assume it is called "whatever.sav" for this example. Also, create a new subfolder called "somedir" (or some other name, it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't contain spaces).

Hold down Shift on your keyboard, right-click the folder (the one containing the subfolder) and select "Open PowerShell window here". Then type "cmd" and press Enter.

Then type
Code:
python disa-extract.py whatever.sav somedir

Does that make sense?

If it doesn't work, please say EXACTLY what you did and post EXACTLY what happened. Take a screenshot if you have to.

themaskedwander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Okay, so: copy your decrypted .sav file to the same folder where you've extracted 3ds-save-tool. I will assume it is called "whatever.sav" for this example. Also, create a new subfolder called "somedir" (or some other name, it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't contain spaces).

Hold down Shift on your keyboard, right-click the folder (the one containing the subfolder) and select "Open PowerShell window here". Then type "cmd" and press Enter.

Then type
Code:

Does that make sense?

If it doesn't work, please say EXACTLY what you did and post EXACTLY what happened. Take a screenshot if you have to.

I managed to get Super Mario Bros 2, 3D Land and Mario Kart back
I couldn't get Animal Crossing New Leaf or Tomodachi Life to work.
Smash Bros 3DS restored something but i didn't get back any progress due to "extra data" saved straight to the SD card.

Animal Crossing gave me this in the Powershell
"No save type specified. Will skip CMAC verification.
Info: No partition B
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\joshh\Downloads\3ds-save-tool-master\disa-extract.py", line 288, in <module>
main()
File "C:\Users\joshh\Downloads\3ds-save-tool-master\disa-extract.py", line 202, in main
= struct.unpack('<IIQQII', partAInner[0:0x20])
struct.error: unpack requires a buffer of 32 bytes"
Tomodachi Life said this
"Error: Not a DISA format"

this is just a extra question, is it possible to pull my old Mii's and virtual console saves? if not, no bothers
can I set them to then save to my SD Card?

Edit: pass on the GBA stuff as I only get an error when I try start a CIA installed game

Last edited by themaskedwander,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Smash Bros 3DS restored something but i didn't get back any progress due to "extra data" saved straight to the SD card.
Extra Data can be retrieved; it's stored in a different place, and you have to extract it using diff-extract.py instead of disa-extract.py. I'm not sure where, exactly, but https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata suggests
Nintendo 3DS\[long random string]\[a different random string]\extdata\00000000\00000edf

What folder did you copy the Animal Crossing save from? Did you have the US version installed with the Welcome Amiibo update?

As for Tomodachi Life, it seems likely that it's still encrypted or you copied the wrong file. Did you try Googling to see if someone else had similar problems?

Were your Virtual Console games official ones, or did you make them yourself using injects? Aside from GBA games, you should be able to restore saves the same way as long as you can figure out the title IDs.

I'm not sure about Miis. I think they're stored in the NAND, but they might be stored in ExtData.

themaskedwander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Extra Data can be retrieved; it's stored in a different place, and you have to extract it using diff-extract.py instead of disa-extract.py. I'm not sure where, exactly, but https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata suggests
Nintendo 3DS\[long random string]\[a different random string]\extdata\00000000\00000edf

What folder did you copy the Animal Crossing save from? Did you have the US version installed with the Welcome Amiibo update?

Im fine not getting back Tomodachi.

the diff extract just gave an error saying
"No enough secrets provided. Will skip CMAC verification.
Error: Not a DIFF format"

Animal Crossing would b the most up to date EU region game. .sav file is in 0086400 for me. more than likely will have the Amiibo update but i never had them to use for it

edit: i got smash bros 0000ee0 to ectract fine however even restoring the game still created a new save
aslo got Mario Kart, Mii Maker and Mii Plaza extracted

Mii Maker will show the old system Mii's on the home menu but load the 2DS Mii's from then on

Last edited by themaskedwander,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the diff extract just gave an error saying
"No enough secrets provided. Will skip CMAC verification.
Error: Not a DIFF format"
I've never done this before, but fortunately we have the documentation at 3ds-save-tool available:
please copy the entire folder sdmc/Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/extdata/00000000/<id>/ (and do NOT enter the inner folder 00000000!) to somewhere else
So instead of running diff-extract.py on an individual file, you need to run it on the entire folder. Does that make sense?

Animal Crossing would b the most up to date EU region game. .sav file is in 0086400 for me. more than likely will have the Amiibo update but i never had them to use for it
And the file is named 00000001.sav? And it was in the "data" subfolder? What is its size?

edit: i got smash bros 0000ee0 to ectract fine however even restoring the game still created a new save
Are you referring to the extdata or the save data? Did you restore both the extdata and the save data at the same time?

Last edited by Kwyjor,

themaskedwander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I've never done this before, but fortunately we have the documentation at 3ds-save-tool available:
So instead of running diff-extract.py on an individual file, you need to run it on the entire folder. Does that make sense?

And the file is named 00000001.sav? And it was in the "data" subfolder? What is its size?

Are you referring to the extdata or the save data? Did you restore both the extdata and the save data at the same time?

Yea I figured it was the folder extract eventually. Took a little to figure out to to fully run it but I got it for a few games

I restored the Smash Exdata and Save Data and the system seems to only want to create new Exdata for the game and doesn't accept the save data

Animal Crossing is in 000086400/data/0000001.sav
The size of that file is 32kb

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Animal Crossing is in 000086400/data/0000001.sav
The size of that file is 32kb
My 0000001.sav for Animal Crossing is 10 MB, so something has gone wrong somewhere.

The first question is whether something went wrong in the decryption. How big is the file if you check your SD card without mounting it in ninfs?

Equanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Then type
Code:

Does that make sense?

When I try this command, it says "Error:not a DISA format"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0