Hacking Help with getting backup loader on wii

emsee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I can tell I have a "bannerbombed" wii. I have a homebrew channel on if it helps, and also a backup launcher that until now has worked on all tried. I have no external usb to try usb game loading.

From what I have read (and understood) neogamma is the best/recommended program to be able to play motion plus games ?.

for a week now I have tried my best reading up to get R8
1) On my wii
2) working on red steel 2

I have seen a lot of guides and there seem to be a few differences in each about things like, program placement on a sd card.

Can someone help me please, with easy to understand and execute instructions. ? All this talk about ciso's etc has me mighty confused to the point of frustration. 2 disks have already felt my wrath.

PS:. I understand that this would come up often and may seem out of place. I apologize but I am out of options or ideas.

emsee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. Will give it another go. Still a little confused. From what I have read and understood before was that 4.2 wii is a bad thing.

Anyway, as I have bannerbomb on my wii should I carry on from that step or not ?. My wii is not 4.2 but 3.3e.
Better to start "fresh" on the software side or just carry it on from what I have ?.

and another idiot question. I have to email [email protected] for a PAL coded thing ?

See not as idiot proof as some would hope .
I'm sorry, I'm just a very careful, un-impulsive and un-confident guy.

/cry

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
emsee said:
Thanks. Will give it another go. Still a little confused. From what I have read and understood before was that 4.2 wii is a bad thing.

Anyway, as I have bannerbomb on my wii should I carry on from that step or not ?. My wii is not 4.2 but 3.3e.
Better to start "fresh" on the software side or just carry it on from what I have ?.

and another idiot question. I have to email [email protected] for a PAL coded thing ?

See not as idiot proof as some would hope .
I'm sorry, I'm just a very careful, un-impulsive and un-confident guy.

/cry
4.2 was a bad thing. But Ninty did a sloppy job so it was "cracked" a few days after. It's as safe as 3.2 now
tongue.gif
. So just follow the Guide Step-by-Step, and read through it. It's really well done and installs all you need.

And yep, you'll have to send a mail. Answer should be pretty fast. And the only "PAL"-Thing you have to care about is the Systemmenu, which should be the System Menu-NUS-v482.wad and NOT the 481 for you. It's also included in the package, so just send a mail.

emsee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right I've done everything the guide has listed. Have neogamma on SD card as this seems to be recommended for newer back ups.

Have Red Steel 2 on disk and after a load attempt I get a green screen and then the system restarts (through neo). If I play through the basic back up launcher I get green screen with a error 0002.

Any advice ?.

Reading around (again) and I'm getting people posting about needing to watch a video, change ios, alt dot.
All totally confusing for me .

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
red steel 2 needs wii motion plus, a ios and activate the 002 hack in the loader

mainly, if you dont have the wii motion plus, skip game

if you do have the motion plus, look for IOS53 v5406 .WAD in google and update it in your wii

emsee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kimikal27 said:
red steel 2 needs wii motion plus, a ios and activate the 002 hack in the loader

if you do have the motion plus, look for IOS53 v5406 .WAD in google and update it in your wii

Thanks. I've got a motion plus (bought just for Red Steel 2 and Tiger 10). Will download the ios now.

To update I just need to put just the file on a SD card an try to run from homebrew menu ?.

Can I also assume that this will help for all newer games to ?. IE Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Bros etc ?.

For what its worth - Thanks again in advance.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
emsee said:
kimikal27 said:

Thanks. I've got a motion plus (bought just for Red Steel 2 and Tiger 10). Will download the ios now.

To update I just need to put just the file on a SD card an try to run from homebrew menu ?.

Can I also assume that this will help for all newer games to ?. IE Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Bros etc ?.

You put the IOS in the wad folder and install it with Wad Manager. This is just for Steel 2; you NEED Neogamma for NSM, while Galaxy 2 will just run without anything special.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gordinio said:
emsee said:
kimikal27 said:

You put the IOS in the wad folder and install it with Wad Manager. This is just for Steel 2; you NEED Neogamma for NSM, while Galaxy 2 will just run without anything special.

sorry to correct you Gordinio but i play NSM thruu GX loader

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kimikal27 said:
Gordinio said:
emsee said:
kimikal27 said:

sorry to correct you Gordinio but i play NSM thruu GX loader
If he wants to play it from disc...

emsee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Put the IOS on with wad manager as instructed and the game will still not load. Still have error 0002 if I play through back up player on wii main page, and green screen and console restart through playing it with negamma r8 via SD card in homebrew.

I'm on a PAL console, the steel 2 iso was pal. Are there any setting in neogamma I need to d a certain way ?. I've changed a few to PAL and still no luck. Reading a readme in neo r8 it tells me to watch a video. I have tried what the instructions tell me but no video.

After all that time in putting in the 4.2 hack on and I am still in the same situation.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
look in the loader settings for the 002 fix

and you are in the same situation cuz you are too lazy to search, you prefer having ppl serving your needs

emsee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the insult. Always a sign that your on the Internet when you get insulted for asking a question.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
emsee said:
Put the IOS on with wad manager as instructed and the game will still not load. Still have error 0002 if I play through back up player on wii main page, and green screen and console restart through playing it with negamma r8 via SD card in homebrew.

I'm on a PAL console, the steel 2 iso was pal. Are there any setting in neogamma I need to d a certain way ?. I've changed a few to PAL and still no luck. Reading a readme in neo r8 it tells me to watch a video. I have tried what the instructions tell me but no video.

After all that time in putting in the 4.2 hack on and I am still in the same situation.
Here's what you do to make it work:
In Neogamma you have to enable alt-dol from disc. Then when it asks you to select a dol when you start the game, you select player.dol. When it sends you back to the system menu, then you will be able to disable alt-dol and play the game.

emsee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the advice Gordinio. Confirmation of a solution from another site. I have tried it and still no luck. At this point apart from trying yet another way to mod the wii console (as many google search solutions ask for new backup software) I see no other way online.

All I can put it down to is a bad image for the game. Despite reports of it being OK from some others also have issues with it. I think I may jut wait and get the game cheap when possible.

Again thanks to you Gordinio for you understanding and assistance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1