Help with getting backup loader on wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by emsee, May 21, 2010.

May 21, 2010
  1. emsee
    OP

Newcomer emsee Member

United Kingdom
    From what I can tell I have a "bannerbombed" wii. I have a homebrew channel on if it helps, and also a backup launcher that until now has worked on all tried. I have no external usb to try usb game loading.

From what I have read (and understood) neogamma is the best/recommended program to be able to play motion plus games ?.

for a week now I have tried my best reading up to get R8
    1) On my wii
    2) working on red steel 2

I have seen a lot of guides and there seem to be a few differences in each about things like, program placement on a sd card.

Can someone help me please, with easy to understand and execute instructions. ? All this talk about ciso's etc has me mighty confused to the point of frustration. 2 disks have already felt my wrath.

PS:. I understand that this would come up often and may seem out of place. I apologize but I am out of options or ideas.

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below

It doesn't get any simpler. If you can't do this, then I would leave it. Look especially at the "Restoring the Trucha Bug, Removing Stub IOS's, Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS"-Part, and how to set up your apps. But I would still follow the whole guide.

3. emsee
    OP

Newcomer emsee Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks. Will give it another go. Still a little confused. From what I have read and understood before was that 4.2 wii is a bad thing.

Anyway, as I have bannerbomb on my wii should I carry on from that step or not ?. My wii is not 4.2 but 3.3e.
    Better to start "fresh" on the software side or just carry it on from what I have ?.

and another idiot question. I have to email simplisticmod@gmail.com for a PAL coded thing ?

See not as idiot proof as some would hope .
    I'm sorry, I'm just a very careful, un-impulsive and un-confident guy.

/cry

4. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    4.2 was a bad thing. But Ninty did a sloppy job so it was "cracked" a few days after. It's as safe as 3.2 now [​IMG]. So just follow the Guide Step-by-Step, and read through it. It's really well done and installs all you need.

And yep, you'll have to send a mail. Answer should be pretty fast. And the only "PAL"-Thing you have to care about is the Systemmenu, which should be the System Menu-NUS-v482.wad and NOT the 481 for you. It's also included in the package, so just send a mail.

5. emsee
    OP

Newcomer emsee Member

United Kingdom
    Right I've done everything the guide has listed. Have neogamma on SD card as this seems to be recommended for newer back ups.

Have Red Steel 2 on disk and after a load attempt I get a green screen and then the system restarts (through neo). If I play through the basic back up launcher I get green screen with a error 0002.

Any advice ?.

Reading around (again) and I'm getting people posting about needing to watch a video, change ios, alt dot.
    All totally confusing for me .

6. kimikal27

Member kimikal27 GBAtemp Maniac

Ireland
    red steel 2 needs wii motion plus, a ios and activate the 002 hack in the loader

mainly, if you dont have the wii motion plus, skip game

if you do have the motion plus, look for IOS53 v5406 .WAD in google and update it in your wii

7. emsee
    OP

Newcomer emsee Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks. I've got a motion plus (bought just for Red Steel 2 and Tiger 10). Will download the ios now.

To update I just need to put just the file on a SD card an try to run from homebrew menu ?.

Can I also assume that this will help for all newer games to ?. IE Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Bros etc ?.

For what its worth - Thanks again in advance.

8. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    You put the IOS in the wad folder and install it with Wad Manager. This is just for Steel 2; you NEED Neogamma for NSM, while Galaxy 2 will just run without anything special.

9. kimikal27

Ireland
    sorry to correct you Gordinio but i play NSM thruu GX loader

10. Krestent

United States
    If he wants to play it from disc...

11. emsee
    OP

Newcomer emsee Member

United Kingdom
    Put the IOS on with wad manager as instructed and the game will still not load. Still have error 0002 if I play through back up player on wii main page, and green screen and console restart through playing it with negamma r8 via SD card in homebrew.

I'm on a PAL console, the steel 2 iso was pal. Are there any setting in neogamma I need to d a certain way ?. I've changed a few to PAL and still no luck. Reading a readme in neo r8 it tells me to watch a video. I have tried what the instructions tell me but no video.

After all that time in putting in the 4.2 hack on and I am still in the same situation.

12. kimikal27

Ireland
    look in the loader settings for the 002 fix

and you are in the same situation cuz you are too lazy to search, you prefer having ppl serving your needs

13. emsee
    OP

Newcomer emsee Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the insult. Always a sign that your on the Internet when you get insulted for asking a question.

14. kimikal27

Ireland
    it's not an insult, you are lazy, if you just use google you have all your answer for this problems

15. Krestent

United States
    Here's what you do to make it work:
    In Neogamma you have to enable alt-dol from disc. Then when it asks you to select a dol when you start the game, you select player.dol. When it sends you back to the system menu, then you will be able to disable alt-dol and play the game.

16. emsee
    OP

Newcomer emsee Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the advice Gordinio. Confirmation of a solution from another site. I have tried it and still no luck. At this point apart from trying yet another way to mod the wii console (as many google search solutions ask for new backup software) I see no other way online.

All I can put it down to is a bad image for the game. Despite reports of it being OK from some others also have issues with it. I think I may jut wait and get the game cheap when possible.

Again thanks to you Gordinio for you understanding and assistance.