Hacking Help with Dumping Smash

AwesomeDude725

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to dump smash on my 5.5.1 Wii U. After I run ddd and run smash it loads like normal. I have made sure that my ip matches. Anybody know what is happening?

D

Deleted User

Probably a stupid question to ask, but are your computer and console actually connected to the network? I had this problem once before, and it turns out I had misspelled my network password on the Wii U side.

In System Settings, there is a connection test button somewhere. It doesn't matter if it cannot connect to the internet, but if it can connect to the modem, everything is correct on the Wii U side.

Check the same thing on your PC, can you ping your console from your PC?

AwesomeDude725

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a stupid question to ask, but are your computer and console actually connected to the network? I had this problem once before, and it turns out I had misspelled my network password on the Wii U side.

In System Settings, there is a connection test button somewhere. It doesn't matter if it cannot connect to the internet, but if it can connect to the modem, everything is correct on the Wii U side.

Check the same thing on your PC, can you ping your console from your PC?
Every thing is connected to the same network and it still doesn't work. I have also tried disabling firewall which did not help.

D

Deleted User

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.
Not sure what's happening. Does Smash Bros. take longer than normal to load up? If so, then DDD was successfully installed, but the connection to the computer timed out. If Smash Bros. loads in the same amount of time as it does without DDD, then it is unlikely DDD was ever actually installed.

Measure the time it takes for the opening cutscene to start with and without DDD, and write back.

(I'm probably thinking about this the wrong way, if anyone else has an explanation, feel free to jump in).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad