funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got themehacks set up all the way to where I could load hbloader.I went through the hastle of updating from 7.2 to 9.0. http://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools-...rom-browserhax-homemenuhax-to-rxtools.398420/ followed this guide right here and I only got it to boot to rxtools one time and never again after that. What am I doing wrong?Screen goes blue than the screen will go red and then I will get a black screen. One time I was lucky and got an rx screen but other than that I have had no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
its try and error i guess. this are some tricks that helps me.
1) setting the timeout other than 0
2) booting the console while lid it off and waiting for the blue led to pulse before opening console

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its try and error i guess. this are some tricks that helps me.
1) setting the timeout other than 0
2) booting the console while lid it off and waiting for the blue led to pulse before opening console

I got it to boot once again it gave me the intial set up screen and took me to my emunand. Where can I change the timeout to 0? Why is the boot rate so low? It takes me like 10 trys.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its just luck i guess.
timeout is set in CTRbootmanager, follow this tutorial (it will help you to keep homebrew launcher + boot rxtool)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrbootmanager-3ds-boot-manager-loader-homemenuhax.398383/

I don't have CTRbootmanager yet.Do i need it to get RX to work? I get it to work like once out of 15 times. HB launcher seems to load just fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

its just luck i guess.
timeout is set in CTRbootmanager, follow this tutorial (it will help you to keep homebrew launcher + boot rxtool)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrbootmanager-3ds-boot-manager-loader-homemenuhax.398383/

Its booting with consistency,I wish there was something we could do about those ugly screens lol. Can I use any RXTOOLs or do I have to keep using the one from the original tutorial?

It seems to boot but for all the work I kind of expected a real autoboot lol. I am still glad someone worked hard for a release. CTR bootmanager definitely made the improvement.

Last edited by funnystory,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can another rx version if you want to try if you are using CTRbootmanager you need to adjust your boot.dat if switching from the nightly code.bin to boot.3dsx (rx tools one) if you haven't already

to autoboot systemnand
in rx menu go to settings its an option there

Last edited by wormdood,

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can another rx version if you want to try if you are using CTRbootmanager you need to adjust your boot.dat if switching from the nightly code.bin to boot.3dsx (rx tools one) if you haven't already

to autoboot systemnand
in rx menu go to settings its an option there

I just use ctrbootmanager. Happy it works,I wish I could of dealt without it but I couldn't figure it out.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't have CTRbootmanager yet.Do i need it to get RX to work? I get it to work like once out of 15 times. HB launcher seems to load just fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its booting with consistency,I wish there was something we could do about those ugly screens lol. Can I use any RXTOOLs or do I have to keep using the one from the original tutorial?

It seems to boot but for all the work I kind of expected a real autoboot lol. I am still glad someone worked hard for a release. CTR bootmanager definitely made the improvement.
Pretty sure you could get rid off those debug screens if you compile everything yourself. Might need some hacking on the code, or maybe it's just a compile flag.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you could get rid off those debug screens if you compile everything yourself. Might need some hacking on the code, or maybe it's just a compile flag.

Thats probably a bit above my current capabilities. I am talking about the blue and red screen btw,and after that the CTR bootmanager screen. However if it works it works.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thats probably a bit above my current capabilities. I am talking about the blue and red screen btw,and after that the CTR bootmanager screen. However if it works it works.
Yeah, I know. They're debug screens (from some exploit payload I think). They scroll some text, including "hello", those ones you mean, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes