Hardware Help with a Yowii solderless chip!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, just got a Yowii soldless modchip from TechSick...

I pop it on my D2B chip, and turn on my Wii... the Yowii chip lights up green (LED) and that's all it does...

Won't load GC backups, won't load Wii backups...

Just sits there sucking power...

What did I do wrong? It was supposed to come flashed with Yaosm 2.0, but at this point, I don't think it did...

I don't have a DB9 (serial) port since i'm on a laptop...

Someone please help!

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It probably wasn't flashed... from what I heard the Green LED means it needs to be flashed.

But you can go to wiinewz and find the config discs, burn a config disc, and check if it works. You also have to make sure that the first disc you load is from your Wii's region.

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
found the config disc... burnt it to a DVD... popped it in... and nothing...

doesnt load...

just gives the ? screen... tried restarting with the disc in the drive... still nothing... holding every button combo I can think of on the GC controller... nothing...

wtf... easy and fast my ass!

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
www.techsick.com

I prefer solderless, so if I need to send my Wii back, I can just pop it off, and there's no trace... plus, my wife won't let a solder iron in the same room as the Wii... she'd KILL me...

The chip was presoldered on the clip... pop it on the D2B (not cut) drive chip, and power on my Wii.. light turns green...

try to run the config disc... nothing... try to run a backup... nothing... try to run a gamecube backup... TURN OFF YOUR WII error message... try to run a pressed game... works!

ANYONE???

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea, originals (pressed) games boot up fine... i can still use the backup loader... just can't get the chip to light up blue, or work...

I'm really getting pissed now... it was advertised as easy and quick to install... it's been well over 6 hours now, and it will won't work... there are NO GUIDES whatsoever on how to do the config disc... nothing on what the LED lights mean... I'm really about to trade this bastard!

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea, that's me, lol

That fourm is updated about as much as the G6DS Real fourms... (they were last updated Feb 2006)

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
I have the programmer... but no DB9 of my own...
Then all you can do is find a computer w/ a DB9 port that you have access to.
tongue.gif

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just tried flashing it with my parents computer, but it said there was an error, and wasn't able to flash it... so I got a dud... figures... will have to send it back....

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
Just tried flashing it with my parents computer, but it said there was an error, and wasn't able to flash it... so I got a dud... figures... will have to send it back....
You used 12F683 2 LED hex right?
smile.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Afaik the LED shouldn't be green if the chip is not flashed. Are you sure that you have a D2B and that it's pins are not cut? can you make a highres photo of your drive?

india3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
hm... i'm going to get a yaosm chip too, but i'm going with dubsoutlet.com... it's $35, and he'll flash it with yaosm 3.2 if you ask him, and i haven't heard of any problems with the free clip...

i emailed questions to techsick (5 so far) and no reply in the past month or so, so i abandoned them.

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, I filed a complaint with PayPal (virtual credit card), so I'm not going to pay for a chip I can't use...

I've emailed TechSick like 5 times about it...

I tried to flash the chip, but it gives me an error at about 87-88%... I'm just gonna sell it all off as is...

I'll be getting a WiiKey soon...

Yes, I have a D2B chipset with no cut legs... I'll post some photos tomorrow, it's 1215 at night, and I'm just too pissed to deal with it anymore tonight...

It still sits at solid green when I connect it... so if anyone else has a Yowii, and know's what the hell that means...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1