Hacking Help with a problematic Super Mario Maker save

dragon12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a flash drive with some games in it but recently it started to give errors while booting or playing games. One of the games was Super Mario Maker and by no means I can move the data to another drive or to the system memory using the Data Management (gives an error every time). I decided to dump the save files with fptiiu and to my surprise there are some files with 0kb size, which I believe is the cause the Data Management gives an error. The detail is that my profile save is intact (none of the files is corrupted), I can play normally, view my courses, my progress, etc.. So, the logical assumption is that if I import only my save to a new storage it would work. Well, it happens that it doesn't work so well... It gives me an error every time I try to access the coursebot (to view my courses), other modes like Course World or 10 Mario Challenge seems to work normal.

The error code is 150-3033 "The USB storage device may not be receiving enough power", which doesn't help a lot as I can play other titles normally and the error doesn't happen if I start a clean save file. Ah, and if I boot the game again after this error, it reverts to the first save I create before I inject my backed up save... :huh: Could it be a problem with the shared data as I had other profiles saves before? (I couldn't locate the shared save when using the ftpiiu but it always appears in the Data Management)

Sorry if I extended myself too much. I tried many different things and I'm almost "throwing the towel" (didn't want to lose my progress and courses :sad:). So if someone knows how the SMM save works or can help with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. :shy:

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
this happened to me when I backed up my main save file but not the saved courses.

I think the number of saved courses is registered in your main save too so if there's a mismatch you get that error on coursebot.

Reactions: dragon12

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if you upload the courses. Then install the game to system. Download courses? I'm just trying to remember the game.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use saviine. It will dump your save when it's loaded into memory. Then use saviine to inject it to the new location of the game

Reactions: dragon12

dragon12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for everybody suggestions! After some tweak I finally managed to get the save working. :yay:

All I did was dump the game save using saviine and then inject. I tried this before but it always gave an error and the dump was incomplete (probably because the corrupted files in another save profile... dumped only mine this time and worked ok :) )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?