ROM Hack Help with a graphic

TheKiller69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there! First of all, I'm TheKiller69, from Spain. Nice to meet you.
wink.gif

Well, I'm posting here because I've got a problem. I'm translating a game (Trauma Center 2 into spanish) with some friends, and we have a trouble with a graphic.

When I open this graphic with Tile Molester (previously I had extracted the palette from the file), I can't see anything with any codec. I have tried decompress the file with BatchLZ77 and with more file decompressors, but it didn't work. I'm a noob with "strange" graphics, so I hope you can help me with this problem.

Here is the file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WPOLXEI4

Thanks in advance!

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're sure it's a graphic? I don't see anything resembling graphics there, and the big chunk of 00s makes compression unlikely...

TheKiller69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
You're sure it's a graphic?

Yes, well... I can see the palette of the graphic in offset 0xA40, and if I delete this file from the data folder of this game, this graphic didn't appear in the game.

Thank you very much for your answers. ^^

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right that it looks like an image map...

Header:
120020181000000610063004400A2000

1200 - Signature
20 - Width
18 - Height
1000 - Map offset (0x10)
0006 - Map length (0x600)
1006 - Tiles offset (0x610)
3004 - Tiles length (0x430)
400A - Palette offset (0xA40)
2000 - Palette length (0x20)

What remains is figuring out the format of the graphical tiles.

Lyan53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Format is NTFS (Nintendo Tile Format Screen) >> Not sure but It seems

2 bytes for 1 tile > stocked in little endian >

convert in binary = 16 bits: PPPPYXTTTTTTTTTT

P x4 bits > Palette number
Y x1 bit > Y flip (mirror)
X x1 bit > X flip (mirror)
T x10 bits > Tile number

100615024032570616.png

ex/ 2F00 > 0x002F (in little endian)

Convert in binary > 0000000000101111

Palette number > 0000 > 0x00 (in this exemple there is only 1 palette)
Y flip > 0 > no flip
X flip > 0 > no flip
Tile number > 0000101111 > 0x2F

View in tile molester (just an exemple):
100615030624652070.png

See ya ...
smile.gif

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
TheKiller69 said:
Hi there! First of all, I'm TheKiller69, from Spain. Nice to meet you.
wink.gif

Well, I'm posting here because I've got a problem. I'm translating a game (Trauma Center 2 into spanish) with some friends, and we have a trouble with a graphic.

When I open this graphic with Tile Molester (previously I had extracted the palette from the file), I can't see anything with any codec. I have tried decompress the file with BatchLZ77 and with more file decompressors, but it didn't work. I'm a noob with "strange" graphics, so I hope you can help me with this problem.

Here is the file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WPOLXEI4

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I´m from Chile. If you want, I can help with the translation, I'm very skilled in translating and I have good grammar.

Spanish: Hola, hablo castellano también ^^. Si estás buscando algun traductor para el juego, estoy disponible. Tengo buen nivel de inglés, además buena gramática y manejo de vocabulario amplio (el mensaje en inglés no es exactamente lo que escribí aca, lo hice porque me cargaría escribir lo mismo dos veces XD)

P.D : Lyan53, nice to see you here again. How's the VPDS translation going? I suppose very well, with that team of skilled translators and hackers =D.
BTW, You remember the voice swap I did? I want to change some voices again, if you can help me again with the CPK builder, I'd be very glad. Contact me through bessab or here.

TheKiller69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the information, DarthNemesis and Lyan53. It's very useful for me, because I'm very noob with graphics. ^^U

@Lyan53, I've read all the information that you have put here, but I don't know how you did for see the Criware graphic (0182 file) so clear. If you can explain me with more details, I would appreciate it.
wink.gif

And...

Necron N.N said:
Spanish: Hola, hablo castellano también ^^. Si estás buscando algun traductor para el juego, estoy disponible. Tengo buen nivel de inglés, además buena gramática y manejo de vocabulario amplio (el mensaje en inglés no es exactamente lo que escribí aca, lo hice porque me cargaría escribir lo mismo dos veces XD)

Saludos a ti también, Necron. Te comento: actualmente, tenemos todos los textos traducidos al 100% en proceso de inserción, así que no es necesaria la ayuda, pero se agradece mucho el ofrecimiento.
smile.gif

Greetings.

Lyan53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
@Lyan53, I've read all the information that you have put here, but I don't know how you did for see the Criware graphic (0182 file) so clear. If you can explain me with more details, I would appreciate it. wink.gif

There's no graphism in 0182 file (graphisms associated in this tilemap are certainly on 0181 file or 0183 file) ,

The Criware graphic is just an exemple that I used to show how to find tile number with tilemolester
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
P.D : Lyan53, nice to see you here again. How's the VPDS translation going? I suppose very well, with that team of skilled translators and hackers =D.

French translation for VPDS going very well :

Graphic hack > 98%
Scenar texts translation > 100 % (Correction and harmonization of texts in progress)
Secondary texts (objects , armaments , etc ...) > 0% (dump ok ; translation in stand by)

Insertion test (texts + graphisms) > ok

Demo patch for VPDS FR > Coming soon ...

BTW, You remember the voice swap I did? I want to change some voices again, if you can help me again with the CPK builder, I'd be very glad. Contact me through bessab or here.

Yes I remember
smile.gif

No Soucy , send me to PM with all the modified ID files as the last time and I repack and test the CPK files for you
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==