Hacking Help with 3DS DSTwo?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,239
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
So, I updated my 3DS with the Miiverse update, but completely forgot to update my DSTwo's firmware. Do I need to get a friend's DSi to update it, or can I do it on a computer somehow? The computer would be most convenient.

Thanks,
Techie8.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Providing your DSTwo is at the latest firmware (before the 7.0.0 compatible one) then you can use a friends DSi.
Otherwise, use a DS.

Iirc, you can also plug the card into your 3DS and boot it.
Let it sit for 10 minutes and shut it off.
it should be updated then.

Don't blame me if you brick it tho.
I heard that it was possible.
Someone else could confirm/disprove this.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The update file needs to be renamed to dstwoupdateb.dat

Then you can put it on the root of your microSD, boot the card on your 3ds, and let it sit on the error screen for five minutes. Shut it off, delete the update file, then try to boot your card again. It should work.

Alternatively, it's still safer to use a dsi or DS if you have access to one.

D

Deleted User

OP
The update file needs to be renamed to dstwoupdateb.dat

Then you can put it on the root of your microSD, boot the card on your 3ds, and let it sit on the error screen for five minutes. Shut it off, delete the update file, then try to boot your card again. It should work.

Alternatively, it's still safer to use a dsi or DS if you have access to one.

Will it work if I don't delete the .dat? I tried it before, but didn't delete the .dat, but it didn't work. Thanks!

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it work if I don't delete the .dat? I tried it before, but didn't delete the .dat, but it didn't work. Thanks!
You just need to rename it to "dstwoupdateb.dat"

You should see this screen
092106qryree7rueqefv23[1].gif

Stay on it for 3 minutes, then turn off the 3ds.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't delete the dstwoupdateb.dat file after the update, it's likely going to try updating again.

I don't know if that would trigger another error screen, but regardless, it's something you ought to do.

Alternatively, rename it to something like dstwoupdateb_.dat so if it doesn't work you can just take out the underscore and try again. Also, I do believe you have to be running the official EOS for it (the alternative update, DEFINITELY the traditional update) to work, not a replacement loader like iMenu or BAGPlug.

D

Deleted User

OP
If you don't delete the dstwoupdateb.dat file after the update, it's likely going to try updating again.

I don't know if that would trigger another error screen, but regardless, it's something you ought to do.

Alternatively, rename it to something like dstwoupdateb_.dat so if it doesn't work you can just take out the underscore and try again. Also, I do believe you have to be running the official EOS for it (the alternative update, DEFINITELY the traditional update) to work, not a replacement loader like iMenu or BAGPlug.

Yeah, I use the official EOS, and it didn't work until I deleted dstwoupdateb.dat. Thanks to everyone who helped! It works now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: