Hacking Question [Help] Wiped my Switch micro sd card and reinstalled atmosphere, but can't launch hbmenu

Uriah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a mistake and wiped my sd card to do a clean install of atmosphere 0.12 on my 9.0.1 fw switch. Under system version it says 9.0.1| AMS 0.12.0| S. During boot it shows me the atmosphere splashes and then it fades to the Nintendo logo. However, I can't launch into the homebrew menu. It just takes me to my album. Do I need to update my system firmware? Can this be done on my PC without the use of the homebrew menu? I have tried reformatting the sd card, I have updated atmosphere, I have tried injecting different payloads, I can't post a screenshot right now, but nothing looks out of place in my sd card. Any ideas on how to get atmosphere properly working again? Also any insight into why my system version says 9.0.1| AMS 0.12.0| S instead of 9.0.1| AMS 0.12.0| E ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hold down the right shoulder button while selecting the album
The default atmosphere configuration is for the right shoulder to be pressed to get into hbmenu

Uriah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know I have had atmosphere for a long while before this happened. I think the problem might be the version letter says S instead of E.

Uriah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I got an sd card reader for my PC, instead of using my Chromebook. After this I tried to reinstall atmosphere once again, the atmosphere splashes displayed and then I went to the system version. It no longer recognizes that AMS is installed and it just says that a system update is available. hbmenu still not working.

Xstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Update: I got an sd card reader for my PC, instead of using my Chromebook. After this I tried to reinstall atmosphere once again, the atmosphere splashes displayed and then I went to the system version. It no longer recognizes that AMS is installed and it just says that a system update is available. hbmenu still not working.
Hold down the ZR button while selecting the album

Nashan67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When you "cleaned" your SD card, did you actually format it or only erase files and folders ?
Did you originally have an emuMMC ?

It looks like you're booting on the sysnand (from the S at the end of your version) instead of your emummc.

My first advice would be to immediately turn off the wifi or at least setup 90dns to avoid being banned (the update notification means you're connected to internet which is a very bad idea when running a CFW)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU