jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So i recently formatted my wii's system memory and ive set it all up again but when i try to use news or forecast channel it says wiiconnect24 is off but in the wii settings, wiiconnect24 is defiently on. I can post a video if anyone wants.

P.s. I tried taking my wii apart the other day and removed the battery would this cause any issues (the batterys back in the wii now though)

Thanks.

HopOnRocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure you have your wireless router setup properly?
Is the Wii connected to it? I heard the best ports to open on a router are either 1, 6 or 11.
Maybe when you took out your battery you lost your wifi settings as well.

jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I can connect to the shop channel and the internet channel but no forecast/news. It says wiicoonect24 is off but its not, funny thing is when it's actually is off it gives me an error message as to where it does not when wiiconect24 is on. Is my wii fked?

Strat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can connect to the shop channel and the internet channel but no forecast/news. It says wiicoonect24 is off but its not, funny thing is when it's actually is off it gives me an error message as to where it does not when wiiconect24 is on. Is my wii fked?

Mine does this as well if I turn 'standby' off and leave wiconnect on. Not sure why. I assumed it happened to everyone?

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
did you try turning off standby, wiiconnect24 and then reenabling them both again? i had this problem too but that was cause standby wasn't on. Maybe turning them both off and back on will help you.

Another thing sometimes browsing wii news i get teh same error, but i just keep retrying and eventually it works. I'm using a USB Connector and it's pretty tempermental, sometimes the wii will pick it up and othertimes it won't, but once it connects properly it works fine. So if you're usin a connector too just give it a few goes and see if the error goes away.

good luck, you wouldn't wanna take it back cause it might be a while til you get a new one

jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Thanks, Tried it and still no luck
frown.gif
If it isnt working tomorrow i'll just have to cancel my modchip order n wait till i can exchange my wii.

jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Haha, I fixed the problem. I went into the kitchen and one of the microwaves were on (my rooms next to kitchen and my wii is pretty close to the microwave) It wasnt cooking just had the clock on, so i turnt off the microwave, formatted my wii again and now all is working
biggrin.gif

Wanque

Trophies
Website
www.worldofwows.com
XP
Country
Well, I suppose having a microwave running near to the Wii might have some disruptive effect on the wireless connection - microwave ovens operate at a much higher frequency on the electromagnetic spectrum than wireless networks.

However, an oven is supposed to be shielded so that the waves can't escape, and it simply being 'turned on' shouldn't mean anything.

So I have no idea. Maybe the guy should get his microwave checked out.

dre111nl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Mine does this as well if I turn 'standby' off and leave wiconnect on. Not sure why. I assumed it happened to everyone?

Yes, same overhere. It also took me some time to discover that. But it is strange....
wacko.gif

And my Wii is brand new, without a mod ..... but not for long any more
biggrin.gif

ih8crouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I and a friend of mine have this problem and unless, some1 is constently warmin things up in the microwave im sure its a bummer of a bug...has any one had this problem and had it solved by ninty or found a solution else where...just to go over my problem incase you did not know, i can connect to wii shop, the internet channel and the vote channel but when ever i try the weather or news channel it says my wiiconnect24 is off(it is on)...no combination of off or on with the standby mode or wiiconnect24 will make the news and weather channel work.

help appreciated

cheers

psp.gif
play station poo

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have the same problem too, is just says that wiiconnect24 is turned off then its on (I'm pretty sure that there werent any microwaves nearby) so i hope nintendo fix this with update or something...
maybe i'll try to email nintendo about this thing.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Have you try this method?
http://www.ps2-scene.org/forums/wiikey/530...ed=1#post386778

They have new steps for fixing this problem. The old method didn't work for me eihter

Didn't work for me, anyone else got lucky?

terapico @ Maxconsole forumsI finally fixed mine. I read from Nintendo's forum. Someone says the point is to reformat while Wiiconnect24 is off and the battery out. Since I did that before and it didn't work, I turn off wiiconnect24 and reformat with the battery in. Then after restart, I immediately setup internet connection and make sure wiiconnect24 is off, then take out battery and reformat. Then after restart (battery is out), I repeat (turn on internet and verify wiiconnect4 is off) and reformat. Then restart. Then reformat without checking anything. And after that it worked.

I think I was doing more than needed, but since I am not sure what is causing the problem, I would rather overdo it and get it done with.

Good luck to those who haven't fixed the problem yet.

That worked with my wii.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i fixed my wii with the method of wiinewz.
and now the weather and the news channel are working, but only if i turn wiiconnect24 AND "stay connected on standby" ON.
is this normal, or do the channel normaly work when the standby mode is turned off?

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
QUOTE([Truth said:
@ Mar 22 2007, 12:55 PM)]i fixed my wii with the method of wiinewz.
and now the weather and the news channel are working, but only if i turn wiiconnect24 AND "stay connected on standby" ON.
is this normal, or do the channel normaly work when the standby mode is turned off?
It's normal that you have to have stand by ON. Or im not sure if its normal but everyone else has it like that.

drz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just for the record, I modded my Wii without turning off WiiConnect24, and had to reset the date and everything after putting it back together. (I had also tested it while still disassembled, with the battery out.) I don't seem to have any problems with Forecast, News, or Everybody Votes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==