Gaming Help Wii Gamedisc Run Malfunction

Procopi0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask for help and advice in our almost 8 months old. Wii. This is my first post so feel free to move this thread if its out of place. thank you very much. On to the problem. Our Wii which we just used for less than 2 months, and stayed in a Wii bag for almost 6 months, is having a problem reading game discs. After a long time on standby. I decided to play mario with my sister 2 days ago. It was showing, a black screen and a message, error game disc cannot be read. Please eject the disc and refer to the manual for troubleshooting. Something like that. Can't remember the exact phrase. :P It kept on doing that for almost a couple of tries. I looked on to the manual and said turn of the system for 10 minutes and maybe It might work. We've done that and It still wouldn't work. There was this spinning sound followed by a couple of clicking sounds.Then after a couple of hours. We decided to try it again, and it worked this time. :D We played about almost 2 hours. then decided if the bundled wii sports would work. We went back to the menu. Ejected the disc then put the Wii sport and surprise. It didn't work again. :blink: it took some time again for it to work like about 30 tries with plugging and unplugging the power cord and waiting for hours and still we the disc that ran was still mario. Can somebody please help us? I personally would just want to know so I know if I can personally fix it or send it off to a store that probably repairs Nintendo Wii. From where I live, I found out, Its way too far from Nintendo's reach so no Nintendo service center is around. Looked up a bit around google and some said it could be the lens (might be dirty) but then, Its practically almost brand new. Thank you very much again and God bless.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, wow, that block of text was a nightmare to read on my 32" monitor, I think I hurt my neck a little...

Second of all, your lens is probably very dirty after being idle for so long.

Procopi0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you and I apologies for that. :lol: I was kind of depressed while writing this down. :nayps3: By chance can I use a regular disc drive cleaner? Or would I need the official Nintendo Lens Cleaning Kit? :)

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know, I always clean my lenses with a soft tissue by hand.
Id imagine you need a disc that can be read by the Wii though (like nintendo's or if your dvd is capable of playing burned discs)

Procopi0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I need to start studying how to open our Wii. Cleaning it manually seems better. I don't know any store here who does repair. Maybe I'll look for one or two. Thank you again.I'll update if it goes well. :D

Procopi0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My bad. I wasn't paying attention. I thought it was error reading game disc. I've been googling. And I noticed. It really didn't sa. presey that. It says "blank screen," error occurred. press the eject button and remove the disc. turn the power off and follow the instructions in the console manual. now I'm really lost. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0