help trying to convert a emulator save file

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by jkd003, Oct 24, 2008.

Oct 24, 2008
  1. jkd003
    OP

    Newcomer jkd003 Newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2008
    Messages:
    7
    Country:
    United States
    I managed to find a man http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Mother/3/Mo...rst#post1108415
    who had a battery save of exactly where I lost my save on mother 3.
    I have tried the save file on a PC emulator after converting it to English and it worked perfectly.
    I set myself to the task of converting the save file downloading http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1354 and converting the save with the Pad for G6 (GBA) bat file. I then tried the following with my newly converted mother 3.0 file:
    dropping it on to my SD card and booting mother 3
    Deleting everything in my GBA folder with the name mother 3 in it and then just dropping the rom and .0 file
    and lastly removing the space and renaming bolth files mother3 and doping them into my gba folder.
    still, every time I boot up the game my flash cart fails to reconise the save file.
    Can anyone help me?
     
  2. Joe88

    Member Joe88 [λ]

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2008
    Messages:
    11,184
    Location:
    NYC
    Country:
    United States
    your using a g6?
     
  3. jkd003
    OP

    Newcomer jkd003 Newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2008
    Messages:
    7
    Country:
    United States
    oh shoot I almost forgot to say, I'm using a m3 real perfect pack.
    Also joe, on a off topic, why are you using the itouch firmware with your m3 real?
    I've never tried it before
     
  4. Joe88

    Member Joe88 [λ]

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2008
    Messages:
    11,184
    Location:
    NYC
    Country:
    United States
    the m3 real uses .sav format now for GBA games after 3.6 or so
    they dropped the .0 format
    also make sure its a 512kb size
     
  5. jkd003
    OP

    Newcomer jkd003 Newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2008
    Messages:
    7
    Country:
    United States
    Really?
    That's odd I actually tried the .sav save file that worked with the emulator first before hearing that I had to get it converted.
    I just tried again and the .sav file that works on my pc is not working on my m3 real.
    edit:512? I'll try that thanks
     
  6. jkd003
    OP

    Newcomer jkd003 Newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2008
    Messages:
    7
    Country:
    United States
    FFFFFF its still not working even after conversion to 512

    [​IMG]

    what am I doing wrong?
     
  7. Joe88

    Member Joe88 [λ]

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2008
    Messages:
    11,184
    Location:
    NYC
    Country:
    United States
    oh im sorry I meant to say 128kb (I got the DS and GBA save file size mixed up)
     
  8. carterman

    Member carterman GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2007
    Messages:
    226
    Location:
    Lubbock, TX
    Country:
    United States
    You might not even HAVE to pad it to 128K by yourself, with SRAM and FLASH save types, it's automatically padded them and maintained the content of the original save just fine. Now EEPROM saves, those are a son of a bitch to get working.
     
  9. jkd003
    OP

    Newcomer jkd003 Newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2008
    Messages:
    7
    Country:
    United States
    IT WORKS, Thanks so much Joe88
     

Share This Page