Hardware Help to get microphones on wii working

cdsagm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there

Sorry I am new to this forum, so hoping that one of you smart people out there can help me.
I have a wii, that i had a softmod done on, all the games work fine, i even managed to work out how to get Super Mario Bros working (so cant be that illiterate).
I have purchased the original robbie Williams singing game, that came with 2 microphones, however i cant seem to get either of them to work, when i use any of the games off the HDd. it just says that the micrphone is not detected.

Can anyone help me please with a simple instruction on how i can fix this, you help would be greatly appreciated and my kids will be kept happy for eternity.

Thanks for you help in advance.
cdsagm

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont double post topics. it makes you look like twice the noob you already are for just joining the forum.

Now to answer your question IIRC only one use port can be used for data and that's the one you plugged your hard drive into. You need a data port for the mic aswell so unforunatly you will need to either burn the iso to a disk or purchase the game. there is however IIRC a certain ios tweak that allows both ports to be used for data. unfortunately I don't remember the name of it.
link to duplicate topic

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
I run the game from a HDD fine, make sure your launching it using CIOS 249 base56.

HDD in one USB port and a single mic in the other USB port.
are you trying to use both mics through a usb hub, if so try one one it's own. it may be the hub that's the issue

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
chop said:
I run the game from a HDD fine, make sure your launching it using CIOS 249 base56.

HDD in one USB port and a single mic in the other USB port.
are you trying to use both mics through a usb hub, if so try one one it's own. it may be the hub that's the issue

Was about to suggest d2x with base IOS56 as well. It depends on the used bassed IOS which accessories work, IOS56 allows almost all. And i never saw anybody having problems with an usb hub, but if nothing works, just using one mic for testing is a good idea.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try using your cIOS with base 57. I only tried the Karaoke Revolution (Wii and Glee 1+2) games so far, but they work for me with with Hermes 5.1 Base 57.
I did not have time so far to try if d2x works that way too. If it doesn't for you, take the Hermes cIOS and install it on a slot you don't use normally, for example I use 224.
And remember configuring CFG Loader to use the apropriate slot for your microphone games.
Hope that helped with your problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.