Hacking Help! System update is Ready!

D

Deleted User

Um just friendly advice what i do is turn autoconnect off so that way my switch only connects if i want it to. Remember airplane mode is not supported by doc mode. So if you are like me and you have a lan adapter connected to your doc then it will autoconnect if there is a live connection. Hope this helps others. Protect your switches!

ROYGES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um just friendly advice what i do is turn autoconnect off so that way my switch only connects if i want it to. Remember airplane mode is not supported by doc mode. So if you are like me and you have a lan adapter connected to your doc then it will autoconnect if there is a live connection. Hope this helps others. Protect your switches!

How Do I do that for the future?
or do you mean Autoupdate?

Last edited by ROYGES,
D

Deleted User

How Do I do that for the future?
or do you mean Autoupdate?

No not auto update it is called auto connect.

Switch/internet/internet settings/wired connection (heck any connections for that matter)/change settings/auto connect set it to off
if this helped you hit me with a like

Reactions: ROYGES

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And how do you deal with this on a Mariko switch? I thought I could use FTP to transfer a save file that I wanted to edit every now and then without having to pull out the sd card every time. Figured as long as I took precautions like 90DNS that everything should be fine.

Now every game I open I get the "Ready to start system update. The update will not take long. Update now?" prompt. While I can ignore it, I want it gone because it's too risky on the off-change I press start by accident. And that button is always highlighted first, so an accidental double-click is very possible.

How do I get rid of this prompt? From what I've been told when my Switch got modded, is that the autoRCM trick with the volume buttons is an absolute no-go for a modchipped Mariko Switch that would brick it or something along those lines.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64