Hacking Help! System update is Ready!

ROYGES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got this message today, My little boy put the Switch on my connected Dock, How do I get rid of the Update?
I am on Atmosphere 8.0.1 firmware.

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
Power off.

Hold both volume buttons and boot to recovery/maintenance mode.

Exit and the update should be deleted.

Sent from my VOG-L09/Huawei P30 Pro

Reactions: Lacius

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been on it all the time.

Did you bother to read the post? I used a LAN adapter for online play and my kid just put the console there.
"Connected" =/= "LAN" and on a further note your system is hacked so u never connect online smh

Reactions: PHiLiPZ

ROYGES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Via the PSU and HDMI cables to a HDMI enabled device like a tv or monitor

I am talking about an update and mention a connected dock. A LAN adapter that's how you connect the Dock that connected the Switch to internet and that is how the Switch got the update.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am talking about an update and mention a connected dock. A LAN adapter that's how you connect the Dock that connected the Switch to internet and that is how the Switch got the update.
LAN adapter isn't needed for a switch to connect to the internet in the dock

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Just power off complete your Switch, then press VOL -, VOL + and POWER simultaneously, you can stop pressing the POWER button when you see the logos, but still with VOL - and VOL + pressed to enter on recovery mode.

When you enter in recovery mode menu just power off your Switch, the update gona get deleted but take care, on my case the airplane mode allow all connections after this, so disable it fast again.

ROYGES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just power off complete your Switch, then press VOL -, VOL + and POWER simultaneously, you can stop pressing the POWER button when you see the logos, but still with VOL - and VOL + pressed to enter on recovery mode.

When you enter in recovery mode menu just power off your Switch, the update gona get deleted but take care, on my case the airplane mode allow all connections after this, so disable it fast again.

Thank you but won't that make the Switch burn fuses? I updated from 4.1.0 to 8.0.1 with ChoDujour, I if just boot it that way, won't it burn the fuses for 8.0.1?

Thanks again and please be patient I just want to make sure I do this in the safest way.

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Thank you but won't that make the Switch burn fuses? I updated from 4.1.0 to 8.0.1 with ChoDujour, I if just boot it that way, won't it burn the fuses for 8.0.1?

Thanks again and please be patient I just want to make sure I do this in the safest way.

Mmm, I'm not sure if this burn fuses, anyways if you don't accept the update the system can't be updated automatically so you are safe.

I clean my ready update with this method today, but on my case I don't care for the fuses because I'm alreally burnt it (I play always on OFW and all of my games are cartiges, only use CFW for homebrew and fun).

Don't try then to boot into maintenance screen, it's possible that this can burn the fuses, just don't accept the update if the Switch prompt to you.

Last edited by Chocola,

ROYGES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmm, I'm not sure if this burn fuses, anyways if you don't accept the update the system can't be updated automatically so you are safe.

I clean my ready update with this method today, but on my case I don't care for the fuses because I'm alreally burnt it (I play always on OFW and all of my games are cartiges, only use CFW for homebrew and fun).

Don't try then to boot into maintenance screen, it's possible that this can burn the fuses, just don't accept the update if the Switch prompt to you.

Thanks, I suspect that's what is going to happen, Maybe the only way to get rid of it is by updating to it through ChoDujour, I won't accept the update but that means the Switch is deemed unusable right now.

thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy