ROM Hack [HELP] SNES VC Decrypting doesn't work

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone could graciously put the Chrono ReTranslation romhack inside the newly-RE'd HiROM VC's, and/or tell me how to decrypt these CryptoFixed CIAs (PackHack doesn't work) so I can do it myself, I would be a very very happy Temper :)

Reactions: Azel

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
If someone could graciously put the Chrono ReTranslation romhack inside the newly-RE'd HiROM VC's, and/or tell me how to decrypt these CryptoFixed CIAs (PackHack doesn't work) so I can do it myself, I would be a very very happy Temper :)
Don't know if you looked at that chaos site but I did that e.v.e Eden thingy game you requested

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:wtf: :wacko: There's something wrong with my PC then. When I looked at the post yours said what that post said.
Well I got your harvest moon uploaded

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Also, maybe you can help me. I want to tinker with some of these for a bit, but I was never able to decrypt them. What's the quickest way to get from a cryptofixed .cia to an unpacked romFS? Or, at least, how do you do it?

Edit: Actually, hold on, I might have it. Decrypt9 was doing something weird with the Chrono Trigger .cia you made, but then I redownloaded it and now both PackHack and Decrypt9 can extract it fine.

Well then. Next part will be trying to figure out how the heck to inject a larger HiRom without borking up a checksum or something, and then packing it all up. Should be fun.

Last edited by ubergeek77,

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WOW we can inject hiroms now but how?
got it :D
Just used Chrono Trigger as base to understand how it works.
12794442_1105887916108938_2340570902076587163_n.jpg

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried to inject terranigma with this method but the game not have sound and crashes randomly. Anyone have this problem?

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried injecting Chrono Retranslation. It didn't work :/ (as in, the .cia I made installs and launches, but I only get a black screen with restore points and all that)

The patched ROM itself is ~50% larger than the original, but since HiRoms apparently have the Rom's size 00'd out in the data.bin header, I figured I'd try anyway. Who knows, either I did something wrong, there's some kind of 4MB rom limit, or something else is going on. Although I left the "rom type" byte @0x54 alone, I don't think that makes a difference since Earthbound by itself is larger than Chrono Trigger, and they both still load with that byte set to 01 which is supposedly 512KB. Not sure I fully understand what that byte does.

Oh well. Best left to the professionals I guess. At least I have Chrono Trigger working so well on my 3DS, so I guess I shouldn't be picky :yay3ds:

Last edited by ubergeek77,

arse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the iso site have nothing, thnx guys for your awesome job, patiently waiting mario rpg :D

Don't bother waiting for Mario RPG. It uses an SA-1 expansion chip, and the VC emulator currently does not support it.

You will not get a VC version of Mario RPG until Nintendo either release it themselves or they release another SA-1 compatible game (such as Kirby Super Star) that can be injected into.

Same goes for Super FX. Absolutely forget about SFX compatible games ever happening - there is a reason why Nintendo have never released Star Fox on any VC and why they've never rereleased the SNES version of Yoshis Island - there are patent issues with the SFX chip between Nintendo and the remnants of Argonaut software who designed it.

So that's that.

arse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well, Cellenseres got "Donkey Kong Country 3" (HiROM Game) to work. woop

Sorry to burst your bubble, but DKC3 has been up on that ISO site for about the last half a day or so.

Also, what the fuck, is that guy seriously adding his own name to the game? No one wants that shit on their home screen. I'll stick to the other, more professional release thanks.

Last edited by arse,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, im trying to inject kirby's dreamland 3 to share with the world. I understand to set the bottom number to 08 because the rom size is 4mb, but i dont understand how to translate everything tinto the top 2. Also not sure exactly where to put the rom in the data.bin. Im not the best with hex editing; all i've really done before was early badge creation and nes rom hacks. Im going off the picture of the color-cordinated hexes in this thread btw.

arse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, im trying to inject kirby's dreamland 3 to share with the world. I understand to set the bottom number to 08 because the rom size is 4mb, but i dont understand how to translate everything tinto the top 2. Also not sure exactly where to put the rom in the data.bin. Im not the best with hex editing; all i've really done before was early badge creation and nes rom hacks. Im going off the picture of the color-cordinated hexes in this thread btw.

Oh dear.

Kirbys Dreamland 3 is a game that uses the SA-1 expansion chip. It won't work with the current VC emulator - you are wasting your time. Give up.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dear.

Kirbys Dreamland 3 is a game that uses the SA-1 expansion chip. It won't work with the current VC emulator - you are wasting your time. Give up.
i mostly just wanted to test with some of my favorite snes games. I have backups, it's mostly just to see how to do it for future reference. I was thinking of trying megaman x and sieken densetsu III.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good afternoon