omgmog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
omgmog.net
XP
Country
So my 4.0 EU Wii which is softmodded with the HBC and Preloader installed decided to disagree with an injected VC wad that I installed.

When I boot the Wii now, I can't get to the main menu, presumably because of this bad wad. I had setup preloader to auto skip the warning screen, so when booting it displays the grey boxes and then the screen goes black.

I can get the Wii to boot to a black screen displaying the firmware version in the bottom right corner, by holding down all four dpad directions on a gamecube controller in port 4.

The Wii doesn't seem to want to boot any retail discs, and I can't seem to get it to auto-boot a boot.dol from my SD card when it turns on.

Am I missing some simple method of getting preloader to load at boot, so I can load the Any Title Installer and remove the broken wad?

I considered buying a SaveMii but they're out of stock, so are the WiiDriveKeys, so any other solution would be great.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you start preloader by holding down the reset button when you switch on?

If so, boot the HBC from there and use wad manager or whatever to uninstall the bad wad.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Richy Freeway said:
Can you start preloader by holding down the reset button when you switch on?

If so, boot the HBC from there and use wad manager or whatever to uninstall the bad wad.

You beat me to it
tongue.gif
. But yeah hold down the reset button as you turn on your wii. You'll be in the preloader menu and then go to wad manager and uninstall the bad wad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay