HELP> R4i SDHC For Pokemon White 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bourbonwhiskey, Sep 13, 2013.

1. bourbonwhiskey
    OP

bourbonwhiskey Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2013
    Hello!

I am new here so please bear with me.

I recently bought a R4 SDHC flashcart and thought I could play online using it,
    (which a lot of people said that I can). I actually tried it using Mario Kart and the connection
    worked. Now, the problem I have is for the other games like what is in my title.
    The Pokemon White 2 is running smoothly in my DS and there seems to be no problem at all
    except when I tried using its online features.

I went to the Title Page of the game (Continue, New Game, Mystery Gift, WFC etc.)
    and accessed the option where I will first connect my game to get a Friend Code.
    (I was told that I need to get online in order for me to get my Friend Code)
    After being connected, (YES. I got connected using my current WiFi in my house. It was
    successful and no hindrances were shown) I decided to exit the setup and go back to the main
    page of Pokemon White 2.... well, that's where the problem is. I wasn't able to exit the WiFi settings and
    it just gave me a white screen... a never dying white screen. So it went bad and I wasnt able to connect
    at all because I was stuck. What should I do? Please help me...

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  3. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i remember having quite a few games that on reset (or ingame resetting to title screen) end up with a whitescreen. pokemon white 1/2 being one of them on my r4i sdhc.
    but that shouldn't be a problem. the game saves everything thats done before resetting back to the main menue or title screen, so uppon restarting the game, if for example you downloaded an event pokemon, its should be saved regardless, same with your friendcode, it should be acessable from your ingame adressbook. and you should also be able to trade pokemon online and all.

4. bourbonwhiskey
    OP

bourbonwhiskey Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2013
    Hello Sir. I already have the latest kernel of R4i SDHC but it still seems to have the problem. What do you mean by 'Swap to this loader'?

5. bourbonwhiskey
    OP

bourbonwhiskey Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2013

Whenever I use my PalPad, I have the error that I must log on to Nintendo WFC first before able to get a friend code. The main problem is that whenever I try and access the NWFC, I get the white screen when returning to the Title Page. (But I was able to connect) Do I need a specific achievement in the game before I will be able to use the GTS or FC trading/battling? I have yet to face Cheren on the first Gym.

6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    ok, that sounds somewhat unusual... did you try connecting to wifi over the mystery gift option? or by going to the pokemon center and talking with the rightmost women on the upper part of the center? (try to go to global trade or something like it) it sounds a lot like you might be just connecting to wifi in the wifi settings menu (doing a connection test or something)

i certainly have the same whitescreen problems when exiting from either start menu point, both the connection settings and the mystery gift one (or by soft resetting for that matter) in this game. but i do have my friend code in the pal pad.

i dont know if you need to beat cheren first though, its possible that you need to do that first

7. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Like, use what's in the link instead of the official kernel.