Homebrew [Help] Problem with hack on old 3ds

master_cheat001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i have an old 3ds and a new 3ds. The new 3ds is fine and had Alh9 hack. The old 3ds had emunand hack and ran fine until i tried to switch 4gb sd card with a 16gb one, by copying contents of the old card over. It failed to run on both the old and the new sd card.... (after switching).

I tried L+R+UP+A then the bottom line says: ********* & no emuNAND (on both cards)

Now i tried to copy content of my new 3ds over the 16gb sd then insert into the old 3ds. Now it run but like a new system, but with no tool or game i had on the 16gb sd (CIA angel, FBI, ....) .

I am not sure if my old 3ds still has hack or not. When it was running fine, the hacked system should be a "pink" color screen. Now it is a white one. If i eject the sd card (with new 3ds hack + content), the system failed to run and show a black screen.

What should i do? Please help. Thanks in advance.

P/s: i dont have backup sysNAND of the old 3ds.

Last edited by master_cheat001,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have an old 3ds and a new 3ds. The new 3ds is fine and had Alh9 hack. The old 3ds had emunand hack and ran fine until i tried to switch 4gb sd card with a 16gb one, by copying contents of the old card over. It failed to run on both the old and the new sd card.... (after switching).

I tried L+R+UP+A then the bottom line says: ********* & no emuNAND (on both cards)

Now i tried to copy content of my new 3ds over the 16gb sd then insert into the old 3ds. Now it run but like a new system, but with no tool or game i had on the 16gb sd (CIA angel, FBI, ....) .

I am not sure if my old 3ds still has hack or not. When it was running fine, the hacked system should be a "pink" color screen. Now it is a white one. If i eject the sd card (with new 3ds hack + content), the system failed to run and show a black screen.

What should i do? Please help. Thanks in advance.

P/s: i dont have backup sysNAND of the old 3ds.
You cant transfer an emunand just by copying over the contents of your sd card. It's a hidden partition on your sd card. My advice, ditch the emunand entirely. How to do this: make an emunand backup, then restore it over sysnand.

Reactions: master_cheat001

master_cheat001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You cant transfer an emunand just by copying over the contents of your sd card. It's a hidden partition on your sd card. My advice, ditch the emunand entirely. How to do this: make an emunand backup, then restore it over sysnand.

But like i said in 1st post, by copying the content from my emunand 4gb sd card to the 16gb, it failed to run. From my little knowledge the new sd card doesnt have emunand enable on it :(.

Is the state my old 3ds in now hacked or unhacked?

p/s: i am sure it doesnt run on emunand because the contents on the sd now is of the alh9 hack.

Last edited by master_cheat001,

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But like i said in 1st post, by copying the content from my emunand 4gb sd card to the 16gb, it failed to run. From my little knowledge the new sd card doesnt have emunand enable on it :(.

Is the state my old 3ds in now hacked or unhacked?

p/s: i am sure it doesnt run on emunand because the contents on the sd now is of the alh9 hack.
Just transfering the files doesn't allow your emunand partition to transfer over too. You need to transfer your emunand to your new SD CARD or you could use your old SD card and press and hold the key that you use to prevent themehax/menuhax from triggering. Once you are on you are on your ACTUAL CONSOLE (SYSNAND),*DON'T UPDATE AT ALL. EVEN IF THE 3DS GIVES YOU A NOTIFICATION TO!!* Change your 3DS theme in your Sysnand to prevent themehax/menuhax from starting. Then go to 3ds.guide and choose the options that pertain to your 3DS.

Follow the guide perfectly and you should be ok.

master_cheat001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just transfering the files doesn't allow your emunand partition to transfer over too. You need to transfer your emunand to your new SD CARD or you could use your old SD card and press and hold the key that you use to prevent themehax/menuhax from triggering. Once you are on you are on your ACTUAL CONSOLE (SYSNAND),*DON'T UPDATE AT ALL. EVEN IF THE 3DS GIVES YOU A NOTIFICATION TO!!* Change your 3DS theme in your Sysnand to prevent themehax/menuhax from starting. Then go to 3ds.guide and choose the options that pertain to your 3DS.

Follow the guide perfectly and you should be ok.

My question is: Is my old 3ds using ALH9 hack or emunand now? I cant understand this because the content of the sd is nothing like before. It is like switching my pant with my shirt to wear??

And i dont really know if i am actually on the actual console sysnand or not. I am really confused. Do you need picture of it somehow?

Thanks for any help i can get. Many thanks.

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is: Is my old 3ds using ALH9 hack or emunand now? I cant understand this because the content of the sd is nothing like before. It is like switching my pant with my shirt to wear??

And i dont really know if i am actually on the actual console sysnand or not. I am really confused. Do you need picture of it somehow?

Thanks for any help i can get. Many thanks.
It should be emunand. Check in system settings. If the version is 9.2 then that means it is on sysnand (most likely)

master_cheat001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A quick update: I have tried the hack method on 3ds.guide and it success. Now my old 3ds boots like it is my new 3ds with A9LH. Managed to install and play games. Again thanks @Giodude and @zezzo for the advices. Much appriciate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over