Homebrew [HELP] Potential DSi Brick after installing DSiWare

onlypuppy7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After installing about 10 DSiWare games onto my DSi, I reboot it and it goes to a black screen only saying that an error occured. After restarting, I went into a panic and unplugged the SD card. I was brought to the Unlaunch menu. I pressed some buttons, and I set the default launch to Launcher. Now I get sent to the home screen but with no music and none of the stuff I had loaded. Please help me, I am scared out of my mind!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
After installing about 10 DSiWare games onto my DSi, I reboot it and it goes to a black screen only saying that an error occured. After restarting, I went into a panic and unplugged the SD card. I was brought to the Unlaunch menu. I pressed some buttons, and I set the default launch to Launcher. Now I get sent to the home screen but with no music and none of the stuff I had loaded. Please help me, I am scared out of my mind!

Hello.:)

You mentioned Unlaunch is that mean you have HiyaCFW/TWiLight on your SD Card ?

Thank you.:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes I do have both. I used Twilight ++ to install the DSiWare games
Then you only installed the DSiware to the SD Nand.:)

You can look in Unlaunch OPTIONS if under NO BUTTON is SDMC: /BOOT.ND5 (or maybe TWLMENUPP) set.
This boots TWiLight Menu.There you can use your App which you have used to install your DSiware to uninstall them.

If that no longer works,the easiest way is to use the HiyaCFW Helper again

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-multi-platform-gui-hiyacfw-helper.518306/

to re-install your SD Card with TWiLight (you surely have back upped your DSi NAND savely stored on your PC or elsewhere.)

If your DSiware is in .nds format you can use/start it from within TWilight.You can not install it to your REAL DSi NAND this way.:)

Reactions: onlypuppy7

onlypuppy7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am 99% sure the games saved to memory because when I pressed test afterwards, there was less storage on the system

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I will try this tomorrow. Thanks and I will tell you if something goes wrong :)

Reactions: Alexander1970

onlypuppy7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, how do I access the Unlaunch menu? I have managed to get back into Twilight++, and I have deleted all the DSiWare games I installed that I mentioned at the start of the thread, what steps do I take to make it how it was before I installed the games?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I am 99% sure the games saved to memory because when I pressed test afterwards, there was less storage on the system
You can not INSTALL DSiware on your REAL NAND this way on and DS
Hello, how do I access the Unlaunch menu? I have managed to get back into Twilight++, and I have deleted all the DSiWare games I installed that I mentioned at the start of the thread, what steps do I take to make it how it was before I installed the games?

If you did not changed the standard settings in Unlaunch then hold Button "A" or "A" and "B" pressed while power on your DSi.

Which Application did you use to install your DSiWare please ?

Thank you,:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

onlypuppy7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can not INSTALL DSiware on your REAL NAND this way on and DS

If you did not changed the standard settings in Unlaunch then hold Button "A" or "A" and "B" pressed while power on your DSi.

Whick Application did you use to install your DSiWare please ?

Thank you,:)
Don't worry anymore, thanks to you, I have got my DSi back with the way it was before! I cannot thank you enough!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1