Help Please!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by doomkingdom, Jul 29, 2009.

Jul 29, 2009

Help Please!!! by doomkingdom at 2:36 AM (684 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. doomkingdom
    OP

Newcomer doomkingdom Newbie

United States
    Hi guys i have not given an intro or anything i am looking for some help i followed a tutorial here Wii - PS2 Xbox 360 Nintendo Hacking Modding and such for softmodding my virgin 3.4U wii this is my problem i have not had it connected to the internet i have gotten everything right from adding the homebrew etc but when i had to go to the IOS downgrader 1.0 i did not notice that it did not install because my net was gone it just restarted and i figured it was already done and went n to the next step of cIOS installer it installed and such and i got wii backup launcher and homebrew on my wii channels now i think i messed up i didnt know if i did it right and i paniced and deleted the channels and was wondering if i can start over somehow or something anything at all can you guys please help

btw im really sorry for no use of grammar here

2. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    follow this guide to update you wii to 4.1 and install all the need stuff to get you going all you have to do is choose a usb or disk loader to play your backup, make sure u select the correct region when selecting your system menu in the prepare.bat

e.g. if you have a 3.3.e wii but want 4.1e sellect 450=4.1e
    if you have a 3.3.u wii but want 4.1u sellect 449=4.1u

(THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES, REAL VALUES ARE SHOWN WHEN YOU START PREPARE.BAT)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

3. doomkingdom
    OP

United States
    ]

thanks but the problem is i have things already installed and only deleted my channels for homebrew and backup launcher nothing else im not sure if i do anything else if i will get an error or anything because i think i still have other things on the wii unless it didnt install in my wii and only installed in my sd card or something im not sure but i think me doing anything will brick it or something im not sure

4. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    if your scared of bricking then dont do it, its a proper guide that many have followed and confirmed working even me.

all apps in the SD:/apps folder wont do anything to your wii if you deleted them, it just means you cant run that app thru HBC until you put it back.

but personally i would read up on things before attempting as you quite clealy dont no anything about HBC or cIOS yet and need to do some homework...............no offence

5. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    wow, people are still recommending downgrading...

simply update to 4.1, run the hackmii installer, install homebrew channel and bootmii as boot2 if possible, run the trucha bug restorer, install cios then use whatever apps you like.

you should never downgrade these days.

6. doomkingdom
    OP

United States

your right i just spent my money today on zelda twilight princes for my virgin 3.4U wii thinking it was fine which it was but i messed up on a step where my net wasnt connected so i deleted the HB and backup launcher and pep im not scared of the bricking i know i wont get the brick i just have done research and no one seems to know how to delete anything that was installed i want to delete everything i put on there so i can start fresh but im not sure how if i could id upgrade and maybe do it the upgraded way as well

7. zantax

Newcomer zantax Member

Canada
    Well to start fresh you would have had to install BOOTMII as boot2 I believe, then made a NAND backup and saved that somewhere so that when you go messing with your wii and something blows up or you brick it, you can restore that NAND backup and your back to the day you started. If you didn't do that then not sure how your going ot do it.

8. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    no one mention anything about downgrading....................

9. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    offline method does as well.

did you even read it before you posted it?