Hacking Help please with Part 4 (2.1.0 Downgrade) on plailect guide fbi problem?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.cia from the FBI zip to the input folder

It says to copy hs.app file, but there is no location specified. There are two versions of the file, one on the root of the SD card and another on the files9 folder. Which one should I copy?
Should be the one on the root, but delete both of them and redump it to be sure.
Make sure you're using the latest Decrypt9WIP.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way, just confirmed "Health & Safety Dump" option is creating file on the files9 folder, not the SD card root
Oh really? That's weird. What is the date on the Decrypt9 you're using (maybe that's a new thing).

Gorecorpse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Should be the one on the root, but delete both of them and redump it to be sure.
Make sure you're using the latest Decrypt9WIP.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh really? That's weird. What is the date on the Decrypt9 you're using (maybe that's a new thing).

I confirmed hs.app was dumped to files9 when using Decrypt9WIP-20160814-201618, but I when I was only suspicious about this I was using Decrypt9WIP-20160812-114120.zip.
The really weird thing is that when I did it on an earlier part of the process, none of this happened and hs.app was dumped to the root, as expected.

Now there is a huge probability everything is working fine but I misunderstood what should happen. After FBI injection should FBI appear on SysNand? Or it is ok for the Health and S spot to remain blank on SysNandat during this part of the proccess?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I confirmed hs.app was dumped to files9 when using Decrypt9WIP-20160814-201618, but I when I was only suspicious about this I was using Decrypt9WIP-20160812-114120.zip.
The really weird thing is that when I did it on an earlier part of the process, none of this happened and hs.app was dumped to the root, as expected.

Now there is a huge probability everything is working fine but I misunderstood what should happen. After FBI injection should FBI appear on SysNand? Or it is ok for the Health and S spot to remain blank on SysNandat during this part of the proccess?
If you dump & inject in sysNAND (choosing sysNAND in the decrypt9 options) then yeah it should appear in sysNAND. It could be any of:
-the home menu icon still being the H&S one but the banner being FBI
-the homemenu icon still being H&S and the banner being H&S but it is FBI when you enter it
-the homemenu icon and banner both changing to FBI
I don't know what causes it to change, but mine did (H&S icon to FBI icon) and I'm sure I never did anything with the injection after I did it!

Gorecorpse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you dump & inject in sysNAND (choosing sysNAND in the decrypt9 options) then yeah it should appear in sysNAND. It could be any of:
-the home menu icon still being the H&S one but the banner being FBI
-the homemenu icon still being H&S and the banner being H&S but it is FBI when you enter it
-the homemenu icon and banner both changing to FBI
I don't know what causes it to change, but mine did (H&S icon to FBI icon) and I'm sure I never did anything with the injection after I did it!

Thanks a lot. Just went on placing files on the files9 folder and everything worked perfectly.

--

I'm almost done now, but there is this instruction on Part 5 that does not fit with current files.

"Copy arm9loaderhax.bin and the luma folder from the Luma3DS zip to the root of your SD card"

There is no Luma folder in the most recent release (Luma3DSv6.0.1). See current content below.

I'll just try copying the dat file and merging the 3ds folder. I guess this might do the trick.

Edit: just found other steps do not match current release files and folders, so I'll just add them here for future reference.

Part 5
Section I - Preparatory work
Issue: new Luma3DSv6.0.1
Some steps also require a luma/payloads folder (it was removed on v6.0), so I just created it myself to copy these files, let's see what happens:
  1. Copy arm9loaderhax.bin and the luma folder from the Luma3DS zip to the root of your SD card
  2. Copy Hourglass9.bin from the Hourglass9 zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card and rename Hourglass9.bin to start_Hourglass9.bin
  3. Copy EmuNAND9.bin from the EmuNAND9 zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card and rename EmuNAND9.bin to y_EmuNAND9.bin
  4. Copy Decrypt9WIP.bin to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card and rename Decrypt9WIP.bin to x_Decrypt9WIP.bin
Part 5
Section III - Configuring Luma3DS
Issue: new Luma3DSv6.0.1
The options listed below are not available, so there is no way to turn them on.

Use the A button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:

• "SysNAND is updated"
  • "Force A9LH detection"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 08-18-16 at 02.28 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 08-18-16 at 02.28 AM.PNG
    1.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by Gorecorpse,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Gorecorpse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Plailect your guide needs updating for Luma 6.0

Wanna give a big shoutout to @Plailect, your guide is awesome, thanks a lot. Hope this info I left here help you refining the guide and other people as well.

Here is the main change on Luma that affected Part 5, section one:

- The luma folder will now be created automatically when saving the configuration for the first time (thus it has been removed from the release archive)

What did was creating the luma folder by myself, it worked. I have a full armloaded 3DS now!

@Quantumcat
Thanks for the support as well!

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in