Help please! Memory card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Overwhelming, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Overwhelming
    OP

Overwhelming GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2003
    I need your help!

I was copying Dragon Quest IX to my kingston memory card when suddenly the file transfer is cancelled. I see that the computer ceased to detect the memory card, so I tried again, but nothing.

When I insert the usb card reader, it takes a long time to appear and when finally the icon appears, I click it and a message appears, after a few non-responsive seconds:

Insert a disk in "Disco amovível G:"

When I put it in my DSi XL, it works fine and I can play the games. But I can't make the computer detect and read the memory card!

What should I do?! COuld it be the USB reader? It's the one that came with the Supercard DSTwo.

2. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    you should format it.

3. Kittymat

Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 16, 2008
    UK
    If its working on the DS and not in the computer get a new adapter.

4. CamulaHikari

CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Jul 10, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Chocolate Factory~<3
    Get a new reader~! I have had the same thing with the reader I got when I bought my SD card.

If you don't have a reader at hand and want to put something on the SD card, see if you have an mp player or something that you can normally put an SD card in. I use my mp3 player as card reader now. I put the ard in the mp3player plug the mp3 player into pc and I also get the message that an SD card is equiped with my player, I put the stuff on the SD card and take the player out, and yay I can play my gamezz~! [​IMG]

5. Overwhelming
    OP

Overwhelming GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2003
    Thanks guys. I've bought kingston's usb card reader and it's working. The problem was, indeed, the card reader. [​IMG]

6. fearofshorts

fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2009
    Melbourne
    Glad to see it worked out. But please keep some backups. You have no idea how often we hear the worst-case scenario of a corrupted SD card and no backup.