Hacking Help please, i beg

hj74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can i still play online without getting banned with custom firmware guide i followed at 3ds.guide ?

can i still play my own purchased games without a problem with this custom firmware ?

thanks for help

Last edited by hj74,

hj74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for letting me know. I am still very new and as far as i know i have installed everything from the guide at 3ds.guide.

It told me to update the firmware to the latest version 11.4.0-37E. I have and i am still unsure what i can even do with the custom firmware ? when i check the version it says im on this offical version so i am not even sure ?

I tried to load a GBA Emulator on the homebrew launcher but the screen just breaks up ? Is there working gba or ds emulators for the 3ds ?

Also i tried to install the cia of FREESHOP but i dont know what this is, but when it opens it says no keys found and restarts the 3ds

What can i do to test that the 3ds is working with custom firmware ? would these things not open at all if it was not on custom firmware ?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
As you've installed a cia - yes you are on cfw. In regards to freeshop you will need to search elsewhere for the file that programme is looking for.

Emulator wise - I think HBL doesn't support 11.4 yet [ticking the bottom option in luma settings might correct some other stuff] - but you should be able to find VC injections & emulator .cias

Reactions: hj74

hj74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have found out how to do it thank you :)

also can you help me again, i used only a 4gb sd card to do this, If i get a bigger sd card can i just simply copy the contents of the 4gb one to the bigger one and it wil work just the same ? or have i made a big mistake using the 4gb sd card ? i hope not

also i have 2 backed up files a nand something and a opt file i was told to backup by the 3ds guide, do i need the files on the sd card ? and will i even need these files again anyway now that i am done and on cfw ?

thanks for help :)

Last edited by hj74,

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Just format the new card to fat32 and copy files over.

Backups -- keep them somewhere if you can -- they'll save you if something messes up, but you don't need them on the sdcard

Edit. the hbl cia should work fine on 11.4

Last edited by HyperT,

hj74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just format the new card to fat32 and copy files over.

Backups -- keep them somewhere if you can -- they'll save you if something messes up, but you don't need them on the sdcard

Thank you again. Also thanks to all people who work on this stuff its really great what you have done :D

hj74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes you can still play online! I do all the time!

Thank you also, Sorry for the misleading title, at first i had a serious problem when i was trying to get the CFW installed but i figured out what i did wrong, after i edited the post with some new questions i had but i could not edit the subject title, so i dont mean to sound as dramatic as it does but i thought i had broken my 3ds earlier but all is good now :)

edit: for anyone that is interested what i did wrong is that the guide on 3ds.guide said put Godmode9.bin into a certain folder. Which i did, It did not say put all the files from the godmode9.zip into the folder, Unless i somehow misunderstood this and made a mistake which is probably the case as i am very noob regarding this haha.

Last edited by hj74,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1