webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
Hello all,
I have a NTSC slim PS2 modded with modbo v4.
I want to know if there is any way to make a PAL game work.
I have one PAL game (the DBZAF mod) and it works, only it is all in black and white.
Is there any way to fix this?
Like can I patch it on the computer or run another program first or something?

Thanks alot for helping me,
webyugioh

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Either patch the game with a pal to ntsc patcher with y fix or set the screen fix to ntsc and set y fix to on in the chips config. (Be 100% sure it's a modbo 4 , if it's another clone , it may kill the chip).

webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
Armadillo said:
Either patch the game with a pal to ntsc patcher with y fix or set the screen fix to ntsc and set y fix to on in the chips config. (Be 100% sure it's a modbo 4 , if it's another clone , it may kill the chip).
OK let me make sure what you are saying as "may kill the chip" are strong words.
So if i find and download the pal to ntsc patcher with y fix there is no danger
but if i set the screen fix to ntsc and set y fix to the chips config, i could kill my chip?
I don't know how to check my modchip is real since i bought it premodded and it says it has one in there.

thanks for the help

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So if i find and download the pal to ntsc patcher with y fix there is no danger

Yep , perfectly safe

but if i set the screen fix to ntsc and set y fix to the chips config, i could kill my chip?

Could do , Matrix infinity clones normally do one one of three things. Die , not save settings or work just like the original. Modbo 4 works just like the original , but if you're not 100% sure that's what you have , well then it's your risk to take.

I don't know how to check my modchip is real since i bought it premodded and it says it has one in there.

Open it and have a look.

If you've accessed the config before , and it was fine , then it'll be fine again to change video mode. It's just accessing the config itself that's a bit dodgy if you're not 100% what chip you have (original mi , good clone , bad clone etc).

webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
OK, i followed the guide but it still does not work for me.
I Downloaded PS2 PAL TO NTSC PATCHER WITH Y-FIX V1.06 BETA
and followed the instructions
Code:
b)Run ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix.exe
c)Click Browse and select the iso file of the game
d)Select 48 as the Y-Fix offset. You cannot have it perfectly centered because the PAL signal has more lines or resolution than the NTSC signal does. This is as close as you can get. You can raise the offset if you need to see more of the bottom of the screen or you could lower the offset if you want to see more of the top of the screen.
e)I choose to uncheck Make PN Selector
f)Click PATCH FILE. The following screen will pop up.

g)This means that the elf file of the game was backed up to your hard drive. Just click ok and exit the program.
It is just when I start up the program, where do i select 48 and the Y-Fix as offset.
When i start up the program, I just get
Browse
Patch File
Restore
and a PN Selector check box

So where do I put in 48?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ