Hacking Help playing DVD backups of Gamecube and Wii iso's.

Electriccars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have a wii that Is hacked and plays wii backups through USB just fine, however, I don't have my own hard drive i'm using a shared one which is preferred to be used in other ways. so I'm trying to play wii DVD backups and gamecube multi iso backups, but i can't seem to get it working.

when i go into my backup channel and press start, the screen goes black and i hear the disc (backup of super mario galaxy, on DVD-RW and DVD+R) trying to load.

Its an older wii with a serial number of: LU33... so i'm sure it can play backups. just how do I get them to run?

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I rehacked my wii (it came hacked but waaaaay outdated) using Modmii to 4.2u

EDIT:
Kay well I installed Neogamma using this guide, and now NEOgamma say on the bottom: R9 b49, d2x56v6 (249)
Is that correct?

Also, I have a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112D drive and I can't seem to figure out how to change the book type (using imgburn) of my DVD+R to DVD-ROM. Help?

Thanks!

EDIT 2:

Works! I flashed DVR-112L to my drive and it auto burns DVD+Rs as DVD-ROMS! YES! Thanks!

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What loader are you running? Try neogamma, and booktyping your DVD+R to to DVD-ROM and burn them with IMGBurn. I don't recommend using rewritable disc for consoles or anything long term..

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Most of your questions should be answered in the mini FAQ here:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test/

What's your backup channel? The latest NeoGamma R9 works much better for gamecube backups than the other GC backup loaders. But you need the correct cMIOS installed or it will do nothing.

What loader are you running? Try neogamma, and booktyping your DVD+R to to DVD-ROM and burn them with IMGBurn. I don't recommend using rewritable disc for consoles or anything long term..

This.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are your settings of your loader corect?

I had to set my settings to PAL480i and the bootlanguage to English for an NTSC copy of Super mario Galaxy 2.

This all on a 3.2 Wii with severely outdated cIOSses.

Electriccars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kay well I installed Neogamma using this guide, and now NEOgamma say on the bottom: R9 b49, d2x56v6 (249)
Is that correct?

Also, I have a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112D drive and I can't seem to figure out how to change the book type (using imgburn) of my DVD+R to DVD-ROM. Help?

Thanks!

Electriccars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAY! Everything's working now! I burned super mario galaxy at 4x speed and it works great!
I also just got the Jirachi wishmaker from the burned bonus disc!

Thanks for everyones help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol