Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
sykeitzstan said:
Kajdan said:
actually, I think the game you are trying to translate is coming out in 3 DAYS. no need to translate
tongue.gif

really? can you tell me where you got that info? would appreciate it. thanks.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Rune+factory+3+release+date

ok... just because I'm nice
tongue.gif

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/109/1095435p1.html

it says release date: 9 november! YAY!

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually rastsan, we all gave him exactly what's necessary, he just chose to give attitude and not listen.
I'm failing to realize how giving attitude + giving him links + advice = not helping him? We helped him the best our patience would allow us, just because he threw a tantrum doesn't mean we didn't help him. If we were really being a bunch of non-helpful individuals, I believe the mod who entered the thread would have either closed it or told us to back off, but since we were pretty helpful, that didn't happen.

He can learn from you, good, awesome, sweet, but no one's going to willingly teach someone who doesn't want to learn a damn thing. It's the equivalent of talking to a brick wall without the bricks.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kajdan said:
sykeitzstan said:
Kajdan said:
actually, I think the game you are trying to translate is coming out in 3 DAYS. no need to translate
tongue.gif

really? can you tell me where you got that info? would appreciate it. thanks.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Rune+factory+3+release+date

ok... just because I'm nice
tongue.gif

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/109/1095435p1.html

it says release date: 9 november! YAY!

And because I'm nice too, TC is talking about this game and not this game.

In any case, this isn't one of those games that you can "translate" easily. Assuming when the TC said to "translate" this game in his first post of this topic, he meant hacking the rom.

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
QUOTE said:
Rydian said:
I've told you everything you needed to do.

You're just too fucking lazy to do it.

phoenixgoddess27 said:
Actually rastsan, we all gave him exactly what's necessary, he just chose to give attitude and not listen.
I'm failing to realize how giving attitude + giving him links + advice = not helping him? We helped him the best our patience would allow us, just because he threw a tantrum doesn't mean we didn't help him. If we were really being a bunch of non-helpful individuals, I believe the mod who entered the thread would have either closed it or told us to back off, but since we were pretty helpful, that didn't happen.

He can learn from you, good, awesome, sweet, but no one's going to willingly teach someone who doesn't want to learn a damn thing. It's the equivalent of talking to a brick wall without the bricks.
I totally agree...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xdarkx said:
In any case, this isn't one of those games that you can "translate" easily. Assuming when the TC said to "translate" this game in his first post of this topic, he meant hacking the rom.
Why ""translate""?
Is there some other meaning to "translate" that we don't know about?
sykeitzstan basically said he wanted to extract the text from the game, throw it through a machine translator and put it back into the game. While that does involve rom hacking, that IS what a translation would be... aside from the fact that what he's doing the equivalent of rubbing his ass on the keyboard (though probably less coherent) and calling it a translation.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
xdarkx said:
Why ""translate""?
Is there some other meaning to "translate" that we don't know about?
sykeitzstan basically said he wanted to extract the text from the game, throw it through a machine translator and put it back into the game. While that does involve rom hacking, that IS what a translation would be... aside from the fact that what he's doing the equivalent of rubbing his ass on the keyboard (though probably less coherent) and calling it a translation.

Well... I suppose. It will be like translating Japanese to... a totally new language?

sykeitzstan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not to learn huh? thanks to rastsan i am now able to freely translate the rom now. thank you rastsan. and what you give me was a site, nothing more, no instructions on how to hack the rom, i've already read the basics. and you guys say i'm giving an attitude? i'm stating what you guy have mis read in the first place.

now i understand that this forum is filled up people who are ignorant and illiterate except for people like rastsan.

your defense was "no one is willing to teach him because he is giving an attitude to everyone" am i now?

my defense is..i posted "can someone teach me" on the very first post and i believe not even people like you can think of that as an attitude although i may have judged u wrong and you did. that is just sad and pitiful.

Rydian said:

you make me laugh, what did you tell me to do? read this and that? what if school was like that?

"oh today's lesson is to read this whole text book, same for tomorrow and the day after, i won't explain anything about it" think about it urself. moron.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sykeitzstan said:
not to learn huh? thanks to rastsan i am now able to freely translate the rom now. thank you rastsan. and what you give me was a site, nothing more, no instructions on how to hack the rom, i've already read the basics. and you guys say i'm giving an attitude? i'm stating what you guy have mis read in the first place.

now i understand that this forum is filled up people who are ignorant and illiterate except for people like rastsan.

your defense was "no one is willing to teach him because he is giving an attitude to everyone" am i now?

my defense is..i posted "can someone teach me" on the very first post and i believe not even people like you can think of that as an attitude although i may have judged u wrong and you did. that is just sad and pitiful.

Rydian said:

you make me laugh, what did you tell me to do? read this and that? what if school was like that?

"oh today's lesson is to read this whole text book, same for tomorrow and the day after, i won't explain anything about it" think about it urself. moron.
No one here is a teacher, so your school analogy is pointless.

You were provided the materials you needed to learn what you asked, but instead you acted like an ignorant child and basically demanded that someone explain step-by-step what you wanted to do -- that is NOT how things work.
Why the hell would anyone want to waste their time explaining something to you when you're too lazy to bother with the required reading and background info?

QUOTE(sykeitzstan @ Nov 6 2010, 08:35 PM)
Stupid, ungrateful, idiot troll.
Your attitude is why no one wanted to go out of their way to help you.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
sykeitzstan said:
Oh, just wait until you get to college...
This.

Go "freely translate your rom" instead of posting please.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Unfortunately, this thread has gone completely wrong. It started off good, but, no point in clearing it up to continue, as members pointed out some basic guidelines on how to start ROM hacking/translating already, and not much more can be added.

From here on, I can only see flaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-