Help needed, soo lost..

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Zerok1ller, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Zerok1ller
    OP

Zerok1ller Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    United States
    Hello, I been searching around here for a while, and still am lost on what I need to homebrew (play 3ds games) on my o3ds xl. I got my wii u exploit going and it works fine.. but for 3ds is just soo confusing. Was wondering what I need or where I can find all the info needed to get my homebrew going. My o3ds has FW 10.7.0-32U (it has ask me to update my ds but i keep canceling it). If any can help me out, I will really appreciate it and THANK YOU in advance.

2. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Get a copy of freaky forms deluxe, cubic ninja or the legend of Zelda ocarina of time+Powersaves or someone else with homebrew on their 3ds can take away the part about needing Powersaves after that go to this: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki and follow all steps

Last edited by TheVinAnator, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Duckling

Duckling Sorry for being dumb ;(

Mar 17, 2016
    Laos
    -edit- this doesn't work for your firmware

Last edited by Duckling, Jun 15, 2016
  4. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    First off he's lost so linking to a certain guide may have helped and you cannot run that exploit on 10.7

Last edited by TheVinAnator, Jun 15, 2016
    Duckling likes this.
  5. Duckling

Duckling Sorry for being dumb ;(

Mar 17, 2016
    Laos
    Aw man :/

6. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Yeah ik it sucks btw you should probably edit your post not to confuse him

7. Zerok1ller
    OP

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    United States
    He
    Hey, TheVinAnator thanks man, really appreciate it.. so if i get my hands of any of those, follow steps on the link you gave me, I should be good? good thing theres a gamestop next to my house ^^ :rofl2:

8. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    No problem and yep you got it. Although the only common one out of those is the legend of Zelda ocarina of time and unless you have a friend with homebrew they DO NOT sell action replay powersaves

9. Zerok1ller
    OP

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    United States
    No, I dont. I am the one that usually does the hacking then tell them about it.. :glare:, I will check the 2 gamestop around me for those games, I will go for Deluxe>cubic>then LoZ since you said it will be hard to find the powersaves =\

10. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    no i said you CAN'T find the powersaves but you can find those 3 games. The rarity part was with Deluxe and Cubic, reason being Deluxe is old and irrelevant and didn't even sell. BUT Cubic Ninja is waaaaaaaaaaaay rarer because they stopped production over 1 maybe 2 years ago and its a really bad game that no one bought or cares about so consider that ON TOP

11. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    He just meant that GameStop won't sell PowerSaves, you have to buy it online. OoT + PowerSaves is much easier to get than either Cubic Ninja or FreakyForms.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  12. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    I actually saw a PowerSaves dongle in the Gamestop store I went 1,5 weeks ago :O it was a really small town though.

13. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I understand a9lh is a very good hack (and I even use it myself) but pushing it to someone who doesn't even understand the basics of arm11 userland exploits probably should not do that whole guide. Part 1 is good, but until they have a better understanding of how everything works it's probably best to just leave it at arm11 userland.

14. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    "I want to play free games" he at least needs to get to 9.2 and get cfw

15. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    No where in the OP was it stated "I want to play free games", and that was the only post before yours so I'm assuming that's what it was replying to, but I could be wrong about that.

16. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Oops quoted him wrong it's actually "homebrew (play 3ds games)" which im inferring he means games for free plus that's the hardest part so if he can get that far a9lh is right there and will only bring him better things :)

17. Zerok1ller
    OP

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    United States
    Thank guys, as long as I follow the guide I be good. I am a quick learner and I read a lot so even when I get what I need I will read a bunch of stuff and watch videos before I even try it.. the 3ds seems a bit harder than wii u or wii or ps2 which I got those homebrew. It seems easier with a flashcard which I got the dstwo when I used to play dstwo games but I want to try something new

18. Zerok1ller
    OP

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    United States
    Thevinanator, so I came to the gamestop and they didn't have those games, so I got the legend of zelda plus the powersave (yes, they had one) lol

19. TheVinAnator

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    OH that's rare but yeah I doubt they woulda had the other two well move onto the guide and ascend :)

Zerok1ller likes this.
  20. Ricken

Ricken No way... Not now...

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    Rare? I have 2 spares, 1 unopened :/