[Help] N5 only showing white screen for games

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Tmo, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Tmo
    OP

Tmo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2015
    United States
    Hello, I have a N5 for DS and I need some help. I had it working yesterday playing on a DS Original ( I only played for about 8 minutes ) and today I put it in my DS Lite and tried to load a game... white screen. I tried resetting many times / formatting my SD card. I get a white screen on any game I try. I do not have any money for a new card, unless they are free its not possible for me. Could my firmware be too low for the games? I do have YSmenu installed and a few R4 Wood NDS files.

update: I had the pokemon games working for a second (except pokemon black) so I loaded WAIO to try black and none of the pokemon games work now. how is this? (super princess peach and mario hoops still work)

Last edited by Tmo, Jun 18, 2015
  2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Are the screens white as soon as you start the card or can you access the kernel?

3. Tmo
    OP

Tmo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2015
    United States
    when I start a game (such as mario hoops or pokemon) but yes I can get on the actual kernal

4. Technicmaster0

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Can you try Metroid Pinball? It's one of the first games which shouldn't have anti-piracy.

5. Tmo
    OP

Tmo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2015
    United States
    Just tried it and it worked just perfectly. Does this mean I could only use anti-piracy patched games?

6. Technicmaster0

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    You should try to use YSMenu. But there are probably other guys who can help you better with it.