1. Helpmewithmywiiu

OP Helpmewithmywiiu Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    When i start mocha it make me a black screen for 5 second and make me go back to the homebrew laucher any help ?

2. neoninteger

neoninteger Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    There should be a file called "config.txt" or something on your SD card under the Mocha folder (wiiu/apps/mocha) - what does it look like?

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    sounds like it's trying to load redNAND possibly. make sure the config.ini has redNAND = 0. fyi, you won't have a config.ini if you've never successfully run mocha before. you should get a black screen with several questions when you boot mocha up for the first time. this creates the config.ini. I think redNAND is set as yes by default, which is the problem most have with it.

4. GABO1423

GABO1423 Kept you waiting, huh?

Venezuela
    Well, when I tried to use Mocha recently, it just returned me to the Homebrew Launcher with no indication if Mocha was booted up. And when I used CBHC and clicked on boot Mocha CFW, it also put me on the Homebrew Launcher. The issue was that the Mocha config file had some options that were not optimal in my opinion. So I decided to change the config file into something that not only makes it clear when I boot up into Mocha, but also boots up the Wii U Menu instead of the Homebrew Launcher. Here's a link to my Mocha config file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iqNzKYDt6kjpEt2XhICYy0oBTNhHsDui/view?usp=drivesdk.
    Just put this file in the Mocha folder of your SD Card. The easiest way to confirm if Mocha works is to open any unsigned title to see if it boots up, as well as checking on the System Settings if the Wii U version is 5.5.3 (or 5.5.4 if your console is European)

Draft saved Draft deleted