Hardware help my wii keep auto shut down

weekee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after playing any games for a few minutes , it randomly shut down , from green light to red light , not prompting any disc read errors etc , im using a wii key 1.9g , anyone help ? thanks alot ...

weekee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
overheating.... uh oh .. any remedies ?

oh yea , i was playing raving rabbits for 5 mins and it went off

Next i tried bleach , not bad around 15 mins then it went off

Next i went back to raving rabbits , amazingly it played for 20 mins and went off again =.= , sheez

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
well firstly make sure wiiconnect 24 is off. thats just unnecessarily running heat from ya wii. secondly make sure the air vents at the back aren't blocked or against a wall. thirdly, just give it some time to cool down before you try again. thats about all you can do short of taking it apart and having a look at it. as i said though my diagnosis is just a guess, cause usually when comps/laptops overheat they shut off, and if you turn em on again too soon they will shut off within 5-10 minutes again.

weekee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm... alright , it's behind a wall tho , but it didnt have problems for the past few weeks. arghh. i left without touching it for a day and played and it happens to be again =(

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My buddy has an unmoded wii and he had to send it back for the same reason, aparently the fan stopped working.

I am wondering... Has anyone knoticed that the Wii gets hot even in (orange) standby mode. Is it suposed to do that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1